facebook

Validation preference persistence [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jon Nermut

In 3.8GA

1. Go to window->preferences->myeclipse->validation and uncheck all the check boxes.
    2. Click OK
    3. Go to the pref page and confirm that check boxes are unchecked
    3. Close Eclipse
    4. Open Eclipse
    5. Go to the same page and the default preferences (checkboxes checked) are back again

It seems that the preferences are not being persisted to disk. I can confirm that there is no relevant settings file being written to workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings
    where it should be.

#212486 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for the detailed bug report, I was able to reproduce this very quickly. I will file this right now with a P1.

#213181 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant
    #213508 Reply

Jon Nermut

I see that this has been fixed in quick fix 2 – thank you.

Can I ask though, where are the settings being stored? They don’t seem to be the default workspace/……/.settings directory.
    I need to know because I maintain a standard installation of eclipse + myeclipse for my company. Everything is copied except for the workspace. For settings that live in the workspace that I need to override, I copy the exact settings file. I really want to override the default validation settings because it absolutely sucks loading up eclipse with a huge workspace and waiting for it to grind through validating hundreds of JSPs and XML files.

Cheers,

Jon

#213509 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jon,

The validation settings are stored as a persistent property on the workspace root. These properties are maintained by Eclipse in a binary file at:
    <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/.properties

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Validation preference persistence [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in