facebook

version 1.4.2 problems

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dan.phifer

I just upgraded to 1.4.2 and I have been having a number of issues that I did not have in 1.4.1:

1. In the Test Center, the “view source” page just shows my app, rather than the usual list of files
    2. Also in the test center, the debug window (which I can only get to through the menu) doesn’t show any files to debug
    3. java script confirm() calls first show the iPhone confirm, then a separate windows-like confirm dialog with the same message. No matter what I choose, confirm() always returns false.
    4. when I launch test center, it occasionally shows an error, saying an html page is in use and cannot be modified, even when I’m certain it is not. Usually, launching it again will work

Is anyone else having these issues?

#323469 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@dan.phifer

I’m sorry to hear of these anomalies. We ran a few tests on 1.4.2 and can not replicate the problems you identify. Can you assist us with more details:

0) Is the webapp you are testing in the Test Center generated from the Design Center or is it developed in some other tool?
    1) if developed with some other tool where is the app hosted and can you provide URL for us to eval?

>1. In the Test Center, the “view source” page just shows my app, rather than the usual list of files

Is the How are you launching your app in Test Center?

>3. java script confirm() calls first show the iPhone confirm, then a separate windows-like confirm dialog with the same message. No matter what I choose, confirm() always returns false.

How are you invoking the confirm() function? Can you provide an example and additional context for us to try an replicate?

>4. when I launch test center, it occasionally shows an error, saying an html page is in use and cannot be modified, even when I’m certain it is not. Usually, launching it again will work

Is the html file be opened in another program or editor? Are you modifying the html in any way?

#323477 Reply

dan.phifer

First, let me say that I’m really happy with mobione, but I thought I should post since these issues didn’t come up in the previous version.

0) Is the webapp you are testing in the Test Center generated from the Design Center or is it developed in some other tool?
    This is an iPhone app, and it is not hosted anywhere currently. I am working completely in the Design Center (except for the *_custom.js files). Also, I am not modifying any of the auto-generated files.

Is the How are you launching your app in Test Center?
    I launch the Test Center using the little green arrow on my page in the Design Center. I have found that clicking the “Refresh” button in the Test Center will get the list of js files in the Debugger to populate, but the menu bar at the top is the nav bar from my application.

>>3. java script confirm() calls first show the iPhone confirm, then a separate windows-like confirm dialog with the same message. No matter what I choose, confirm() always returns false.
    >How are you invoking the confirm() function? Can you provide an example and additional context for us to try an replicate?
    Example:
    if (confirm(“Is this ok?”))
    {
    // do something
    }

>4. when I launch test center, it occasionally shows an error, saying an html page is in use and cannot be modified, even when I’m certain it is not. Usually, launching it again will work
    Is the html file be opened in another program or editor? Are you modifying the html in any way?

Sometimes I have it open in Chrome, but on several occasions this has happened even when it was not open in any other program. This one isn’t a big deal, since it usually just works the next time.

I will attempt to track down the cause and post again if I have any luck. Otherwise, I would be happy to send you a zip of the project via e-mail.

#323480 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@dan.phifer

Thanks for the update.

>I will attempt to track down the cause and post again if I have any luck. Otherwise, I would be happy to send you a zip of the project via e-mail.

Yes, I think this would be the quickest way for us to get shared view of the problems. Please send to

support at genuitec dot com
    title: mobione file from wayne from dan.phifer

#323665 Reply

dan.phifer

I deleted the generated www-<project> folder and this issue went away. I also upgraded to 1.4.3 and I cannot reproduce it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: version 1.4.2 problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in