facebook

WAR undeploy from JBoss 7 (EAP 6.3) doesn't work when application server is down

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Maksym Gryevtsov
    Participant

Hi,

MyEclipse doesn’t remove/undeploy WAR content from <jboss home>\standalone\deployments when I delete WAR from IDE if JBoss is stopped. If JBoss is running, it works (meaning it’s undeployed by JBoss itself after getting CLI command from IDE).

The bug is present in both CI 14 and 15.

Thanks,
    Maksym

#455410 Reply

support-swapna

Maksym,

I am afraid it is not a bug.In MyEclipse, Add/Remove Deployments does not automatically deploy or undeploy projects from the server deployment directory unless the server is started. If the server is stopped there is no imperative to publish the changes immediately.If you want to “remove/add” a project and publish the changes to the server irrespective of the server state (started/stopped), then you can force it by right clicking on the server in the Servers view and select ‘Publish’.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#455664 Reply

Maksym Gryevtsov
    Participant

I didn’t invent this functionality(it works in MyEclipse 10 we are migrating from). So I’m considering it’s a bug.

#455671 Reply

Maksym Gryevtsov
    Participant

Never mind, I see you delay synchronization until server startup. That works as well.

Thanks

#455703 Reply

support-swapna

Maksym,

Yes, the changes will not be synchronized automatically until the server startup.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: WAR undeploy from JBoss 7 (EAP 6.3) doesn't work when application server is down

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in