facebook

Warning – No validation will be done against the data sourc

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Marvin Toll
    Participant

“Description Resource Path Location Type Connection “ME_MyEclipse Derby” is not active. No validation will be done against the data source.”

Any ideas?

All current versions including Dali plug-in.

#319848 Reply

support-swapna

MarvinToll ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse. I am afraid the issue is not clear for us to investigate further.

Can you answer some more questions ?

1) Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID ?

2) If you are trying to access the MyEclipse Derby, can you make sure the server is up and running ? Check if the MyEclipse Derby is running in the Server’s view.

3) Can you list out the exact steps for us to be able to replicate the issue at our end ?

4) Can you clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log , replicate the issue and paste the entire contents of the .log file here for us ?

#319908 Reply

Marvin Toll
    Participant

@support-swapna wrote:

MarvinToll ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse. I am afraid the issue is not clear for us to investigate further.

Can you answer some more questions ?

1) Can you share your Build ID from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Edition > Build ID ?

Version: 9.1
    Build id: 9.1-20110701

2) If you are trying to access the MyEclipse Derby, can you make sure the server is up and running ? Check if the MyEclipse Derby is running in the Server’s view.

Yes:
    Apache Derby Network Server – 10.2.2.0 – (485682) started and ready to accept connections on port 1527 at 2011-09-24 15:17:46.653 GMT

3) Can you list out the exact steps for us to be able to replicate the issue at our end ?

I’ve reduced the number of plugins to the following: Sonargraph Eclipse integration Feature/Dali Java Persistence Tool – EclipseLink Support (Optional)/Dali Java Persistence Tools/DBViewer Plugin .ObjectAid UML Designer/Subclipse 1.6x (3 related)

Simply have a Dali database with about 14 tables and the corresponding annotated beans.

Use the DB Tree View for interacting with Dali… the warning occurs whether or not the DB Tree View connection is active.

Facets: Dynamic Web Module 3.0/Java 1.6/Javascript 1.0/JPA 2.0

Problem Statement: I’m not getting feedback from the Dali plugin on whether annotation values correspond to the database schema.

4) Can you clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log , replicate the issue and paste the entire contents of the .log file here for us ?

I cleared log, started MyEclipse, started database server, high-lighted project, observed warning, ran Project>Clean and still observed “warning”.

Connection “ME_MyEclipse Derby” is not active. No validation will be done against the data source. SjrWeb

#319911 Reply

Marvin Toll
    Participant

It appears that the project Properties>MyEclipse>Java Persistence>Schema MUST be overridden.

Said another way, even if the default schema is used it must be explicitly selected.

This appears to have solved the problem.

_Marvin

#319922 Reply

support-swapna

MarvinToll ,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Warning – No validation will be done against the data sourc

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in