Genuitec :: Driving Development for Leading Organizations › Support Forums › MyEclipse IDE › Installation, Configuration & Updates › WAS 8.5.5 Express cannot start
April 5, 2021 at 9:32 am #672552
We recently made some change to infrastructure
– changed WAS_ROOT folder and services of WAS
– we have also migrated to git from CVS (no error in the new build)
Now we have a problem using this new config in Myeclipse. After add WAS 8.5.5 server, it does not start.
A prompt message shows “Server WebSphere Application Server 8.5 at localhost failed to start.” Has encountered a problem.
Please help us resolve urgently.
CSApril 5, 2021 at 9:39 am #672554
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
1. Can you please clarify if the WAS server starts fine from outside MyEclipse?
2. If the server starts fine from outside, does MyEclipse pick up the running server status in the Servers view?
3. Does the runConfigActions.disableAtServerStartup (empty file) under the [profile_root]/properties/service/ directory still exist as per this suggestion in your previous report?
4. Please share the exact WAS version, MyEclipse version, the location of WAS_ROOT folder, changes you made to the WAS service and the .log file located at workspace dir to help us investigate further.
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
Genuitec SupportApril 5, 2021 at 1:13 pm #672561
Hi Swapna, thanks for your prompt reply.
And yes we forgot to redirect the echo that creates runConfigActions.disableAtServerStartup (empty file) in the new root. The server is starting now.
We also got this prompt quite often.
Searching for workspace which requires migration has encountered a problem. java.lang.ExceptionInitialize Error. Is there a way to stop this. Or is there something we need to handle.April 6, 2021 at 1:42 am #672571
Glad that the server starts fine.
For the migration error, can you please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us get the full stacktrace of the error?
Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.
Genuitec SupportApril 6, 2021 at 9:26 am #672585April 8, 2021 at 4:22 am #672619
Hi Swapna, any clue from the file?April 8, 2021 at 3:02 pm #672631
This exception trace is related to re-associating the project with a server with which it was deployed prior to the migration. You can simply ignore this error and turn off the migration scanning. Go to Preferences > MyEclipse > Project Migration and check Disable automatic scanning for migration. That should stop the error from repeatedly showing up.