facebook

WASCE on MyEclipse 6.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is it possible for me to get a MyEclipse plugin for WASCE (Websphere Applicaton Server Community Edition) on MyEclipse 6.0? If so, how can I get it? I work at a large organization that controls the versions we have and cannot upgrade to the latest MyEclipse.

#302675 Reply

support-joy

TechnologySenseGary,

MyEclipse currently doesn’t provide an intrinsic support for WASCE plugin(Websphere Applicaton Server Community Edition). Having said that, there are users who have added 3rd party plugins to MyEclipse. Can you provide a download site for the said plugin and please make sure that it is compatible to the base eclipse. Since you are using ME 6.0, I would recommend you to look for the relevant eclipse plugin for base Eclipse 3.3-Europa

#302678 Reply

You do have intrinsic support for WASCE in the latest release. However, getting that release approved for use in my company will probably take six months at least. Getting back to the issue, I was looking at Europa, and actually downloaded it. However, MyEclipse is so comprehensive and automatic that I have never had to nor know how to import Eclipse functions from a downloaded zip. I tried several update methods to no avail. Can you give me the steps for taking the Europa download (I could not find an URL for the update) and incorporating it into my existing version of MyEclipse/Eclipse?

#302680 Reply

Once again trial and error triumphs over knowledge and experience! I was able to bring in the update by going to the “Help”, “Software Updates”, and specifying the local folder location where the Europa files were unzipped. I still cannot manage the WASCE server under the MyEclipse Deploy/Start Server capabilites, so I will have to configure a WASCE debug launch as I used to do under Eclipse. MyEclipse really spoils you…….More trial and error……

#302692 Reply

The definition of a WASCE or even Geronimo server on MyEclipse under instrtuction posted on the IBM WASCE site has proven to be very problematic. Within MyEclipse, there is no way to specify a new server using the “New”, “Other”, “Server”, “New Server” menu options as specified in the instructions. Once “New” and “Other” are chosen, “Server” is never an option, and hence a WASCE server within MyEclipse cannot be defined (I tried generic Eclipse, and it is there). I can see the WASCE plugin when I go to the Debug or Run configuration wizard, but there is no way to specify a server. At this point it seems it might be necessary to wait until I can use the latest MyEclipse for WASCE. By the way: I tried using the MyEclipse WASCE server on the latest MyEclipse on my home workstation and it works well.

#302758 Reply

Loyal Water

At this point it seems it might be necessary to wait until I can use the latest MyEclipse for WASCE.

Im afraid thats correct. You cannot work with WASCE on ME 6. Upgrading to the latest version of MyEclipse is the only way to go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: WASCE on MyEclipse 6.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in