facebook

Web Browser

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

[ XP SP2, Eclipse 3.0.2, MyEclipse 4.0 M1 ]

A few features I’d like to see in the web browser are:

1. Resize window
    This could either resize the whole Eclipse application or simply add a spacing around the view in the editor. For instance, if I’m using 1024×768 for my screen, and I want to resize for an 800×600 (since that’s my “standard”), the screen would look something like this…

+--------------+
    | (gray space) |
    |  +--------+  |
    |  |  web   |  |
    |  |  page  |  |
    |  +--------+  |
    |              |
    +--------------+

My purpose with this is to test different screen sizes to see how my app looks. Obvious defaults should include: 640, 800, 1024, and 1280 (I doubt anyone’s going to want to view 1600+). Then, there’s always the option to specify a custom size and keep a history of custom sizes.

2. Export image
    This is your typical screenshot plug-in. MyEclipse has this capability in numerous other places, but I’d like to see one built into the internal browser just to make things easier. There is a plug-in I saw online, but it is only free for personal use and I can’t do my updates using Eclipse because of my network setup (http://www.bdaum.de/eclipse/eDump). This tool grabs screenshots from any view of Eclipse. I’m simply looking for a context menu option to export an image of the browser (in whatever size it may be – see feature request above – 800×600 for instance).

#229969 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Both good suggestions, I will file them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Web Browser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in