facebook

Web project depends on other web project – not deploying

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pierre.henry

Hi,

I have one web project (B) that depends on another project (A) for its classes. I have set in B that it depends on A. I have tried to set the “Web Project deployment Policy” to both “JAR and place them in lib” and “Smart deployment”, but the classes of A are never deployed to B:

I am deploying to Tomcat 6 using an exploded deployment.

On the other hand I have project A referencing a third project, a simple Java project. In this case the deployment works. So it seems that this features works only when the referenced project is a Java project, not web project. Is that true ?

Actually I don’t want to put the sources of project A in a separate Java project. My B project only needs one class of the A project and It would be overkill.

Any other idea how I can make it work ? I wanted to automatically build a JAR for my project A, then manually copy it to B’s lib dir when changes are made. But I didn’t fin how to automatically build a JAR for a web project.

Tanks for your help,

Kind regards

#296815 Reply

pierre.henry

oops, sorry !

I was reading another post from Eclipse Blue when I decided to post this message and just clicked on the button without further thinking. Actually it should be moved to a more appropriate section of the forum… like MyEclipse IDE » General Development or J2EE development.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Web project depends on other web project – not deploying

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in