facebook

Web project rebuild deletes ALL from WEB-INF/classes dir

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

johnsw

Hi

I’m using Eclipse Version: 2.1.1 Build id: 200306271545 on Win2K with MyEclipseIDE 2.6.1

I have a web project where one taglib.tld file, and an associated property file is in the WEB-INF/classes directory.

If I rebuild the project, then the WEB-INF/classes directory gets cleared out – surely only *.class files should be deleted?

If this behavious is correct, where can I place a property file so that it is accessible using the classpath?

Thanks

John

#198414 Reply

johnsw

Actually I just saw another message about this, and it appears that the behaviour described above is correct.

I’m moving the tld file to the WEB-INF/lib directory, and the properties file to the src directory.

Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

#198415 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

John’s solution is correct. Anything in the source tree that isn’t Java is simply copied to the build output location. The Eclipse build system owns the build output area and will clear it as needed. This is an “Eclipseism” that lots of people trip over, but simply moving your properties files to the source tree will resolve it.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Web project rebuild deletes ALL from WEB-INF/classes dir

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in