facebook

Web Services Security

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thomas Trostel
    Participant

Are there any current or planned facilities for integrating Web Services Security with the MyEclipse web services tools? I am able to automaticaly generate host service and client consumer pieces just fine. It would be helpful to add those features in the future if they are not already implemented.

Thanks

PS: I’ll figure out how to integrate them after the fact by hand for the moment. If anyone has examples of how to do that with MyEclipse generated XFire projects that would be most helpful.

#260263 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ttrostel,
    I’m not entirely farmiliar with the technology/frameworks/settings you are referring to. Could you describe the use-case and manul steps and then I can clarify with the WS team to see if this is something we are working on.

#260273 Reply

Thomas Trostel
    Participant

Well hmm

right now its a very simple web service that passes several strings. We are using the default JAXB binding generated by the current wizard.

It would be nice to use the WS-Security methods for signed messages and AES type encryption. At the moment the service is a proof of concept that we can pass encrypted signed XML messages using web services.

#260347 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I’m just trying to palce this feature request; so what you would like is an ehanced WSDL based generator which makes use of WS-Security methods if you ask for them. Am I right or were you thinking of some other sort of integration elsewhere?

Brian.

#260948 Reply

optimad
    Participant

Hi there,

I found this page very good for helping me set up security with encryption, signatues and username token SOAP WS-Security infomation.

http://xfire.codehaus.org/WS-Security

Hope that helps

#276884 Reply

hbozic
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Web Services Security

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in