facebook

web.xml, what config files contribute to it’s generation?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am having consistent problems with my web.xml getting reconfigured by MyEclipse. There is stuff in there from another application (diffferent project in same workspace) that I don’t want configured. HOw do I stop web.xml from being reconfigured? What are the inputs into how web.xml gets configured by MyEclipse?
    Thanks sincerely
    Byron

#203548 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Byron,

Running XDoclet in a web project will regenerate it. Also, the servlet wizard has an option to modify it. And, some of the new struts tooling works with it also. Specifically what are you observing when? Do you have any other external plugins installed?

#203694 Reply

There are a couple of closed projects that are part of our main project. I have a separate project named reports. There is a lot of stuff in the main project web.xml that is configured for ejb’s and external calls to other projects that I do not want in my reports web.xml. There is some security stuff, and there are some listeners, and there are some taglibs that pop up occassionally, after I manually delete them from web.xml. Often, the taglib tag is not closed, and that generates a syntax error that shows up on deployment. I can’t tell you when it happens, just once in a while. There is definitely some stuff getting generated from the other projects, but I can’t tell you how it happens because those other projects are usually closed when this goes on. Is this enough info to make an assessment?

#203722 Reply

this problem occurs once in a while. I know for certain that my xdoclet settings are not doing it. Once in a while I have to pull generated code out of my web.xml file. There is a bug somewhere.

#203781 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You’re not running any of your own Ant scripts by any chance, are you? Just a thought since it’s come up before.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: web.xml, what config files contribute to it’s generation?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in