facebook

Webclipse 2017 CI 3a – Can't start server for debugging

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

davargas
    Participant

Hello,

I began experiencing debug issues with Webclipse after the CLI update that broke Webclipse debugging support.

Now using the most recent version of Webclipse available, I am unable to debug even a brand new CLI project. The server goes into [Starting] state, then almost immediately blows up and goes back to [Stopped].

I am using the most recent versions available through Webclipse of NPM (3.10.10), the CLI(1.0.0-rc.0), and Node (7.7.1).

We are working in the Win10 environment under Eclipse Neon. Any word on this is greatly appreciated.

#514124 Reply

Hi davargas,

Can you paste the output of the command when running the server ? (Terminal+ -> [ng serve])
    This will help us to assist you better.

Regards,
    Sal.

#515061 Reply

davargas
    Participant

Hi Sal,

This is the output (note that I am now trying this with the most recent update to Webclipse with the most recent versions of the tools available):

Node.js version: v7.7.2
    NPM version: 4.1.2
    ng serve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –environment=dev –webclipse-launch-id=5939121963146273863
    ** NG Live Development Server is running on http://localhost:4200 **
    10% building modules 6/8 modules 2 active …\TestNewCLI\Test-Debug\src\styles.css

I don’t get much of anything, the server just stops and doesn’t give any other output indicating what the actual error is.
    Running ng serve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –environment=dev works fine, it’s once the –webclipse-launch-id gets added with the Webclipse UI debug that it fails to start.

Here is my output from ng –version:

/c/boyle-workspaces/TestNewCLI/Test-Debug (master)
    $ ng –version
    _ _ ____ _ ___
    / \ _ __ __ _ _ _| | __ _ _ __ / ___| | |_ _|
    / △ \ | ‘_ \ / _| | | | |/ _ | ‘__| | | | | | |
    / ___ \| | | | (_| | |_| | | (_| | | | |___| |___ | |
    /_/ \_\_| |_|\__, |\__,_|_|\__,_|_| \____|_____|___|
    |___/

@angular
    /cli: 1.0.0-rc.1
    node: 7.7.2

@angular
    /common: 2.4.9

@angular
    /compiler: 2.4.9

@angular
    /core: 2.4.9

@angular
    /forms: 2.4.9

@angular
    /http: 2.4.9

@angular
    /platform-browser: 2.4.9

@angular
    /platform-browser-dynamic: 2.4.9

@angular
    /router: 3.4.9

@angular
    /cli: 1.0.0-rc.1

@angular
    /compiler-cli: 2.4.9

Lastly, this is the output I get when I manually type the debug command into the terminal, if it’s helpful (ng serve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –environment=dev –webclipse-launch-id=5939121963146273863)

The option ‘–webclipse-launch-id’ is not registered with the serve command. Run ng serve --help for a list of supported options.
    ** NG Live Development Server is running on http://localhost:4200 **
    Hash: d0f34f418cce0f7fff3a
    Time: 4909ms
    chunk {0} polyfills.bundle.js, polyfills.bundle.js.map (polyfills) 153 kB {4} [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {1} main.bundle.js, main.bundle.js.map (main) 4.11 kB {3} [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {2} styles.bundle.js, styles.bundle.js.map (styles) 9.77 kB {4} [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {3} vendor.bundle.js, vendor.bundle.js.map (vendor) 2.69 MB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {4} inline.bundle.js, inline.bundle.js.map (inline) 0 bytes [entry] [rendered]
    webpack: Compiled successfully.

One discrepancy I noticed is that even with my webclipse CLI tool options set to use the project local NPM and node versions, it appears to be running my with system global npm (4.1.2). Not sure if this might be the root of the issue.

Thanks,
    Daniel

#515068 Reply

davargas
    Participant

Hi Sal,

I got my terminal+ to run with NPM 3.10.9 and I get the same behavior, for reference.

-Daniel

#515081 Reply

Hi davargas,

Thanks for the response, we will research this issue and get back to you ASAP.

Sal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Webclipse 2017 CI 3a – Can't start server for debugging

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in