facebook

Webclipse not finding angular project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ennio
    Participant

I have a new Angular project that I’m working on but, the Angular IDE is not recognizing the project as an Angular project. I think this is related to the folder structure that I have for this project. Is there a way to fix this?

This is the current folder structure I have on my project

—root
    —–angular (this is the angular CLI)
    —–components (some API we need for the project)
    —–dist (angular project dist folder)

I can run on the terminal the cli commands but it would be nice if I can use IDE features for it ;).

thanks for the help.

#526041 Reply

Brian Fernandes

ennio,

Can you tell us additionally where your angular-cli.json, package.json and tsconfig.json files are? If you open project properties, if you see a TypeScript property page, has it picked up the right path to tsconfig.json?

What version of the Angular CLI was used to create this project?

Also, how did you import the project into Angular IDE – did you use the Angular specific import wizard or the general import wizard.

Definitely want to help you get the most out of the IDE!

#526042 Reply

ennio
    Participant

Hey Brian, so I have my angular-cli.json, package.json and tsconfig.json inside my angular folder.

When I look at the property of my project the TypeScript is correct I have (angular/src/tsconfig.app.json)

I did not use the import from Angular, I used the Import project and I had to clone my repository from Mercurial (Our code repository).

Let me know if you need any other information.

thanks for the help!

#526139 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ennio,

You would need to import the “angular” folder as the Angular project in Webclipse. I recommend using File > Import > Angular > Angular Project wizard, in which you should specify the path to the angular folder. This should take care of getting it correctly imported into the IDE as an Angular project.

I believe you should be able to keep your existing project imported as well, for access to the other folders.

Do let us know if this works.

#526147 Reply

ennio
    Participant

That worked, thanks for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Webclipse not finding angular project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in