facebook

Weblogic 10 EAR deployment

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Scott

My ear seems to be deploying to server, however, when I browse to the WL console, I see *no* deployments. Should the deployment folder be

C:\bea10\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy\wsfEE

This is an ear with a single web application inside. The web application deploys and runs fine on Tomcat 6.x. Any clues? I used the configuration wizard in WL 10 to create the base_domain and have configured my connector to match.

Peace,
    Scott

#297556 Reply

support-joy

Scott,

I don’t have weblogic 10 with me. Nevertheless the process of adding deployment is almost same for any application server. What is the type of deployment you have chosen? Is it exploded / packaged? How are you deploying to Weblogic 10. Are you following the below mentioned –
    1. Right click on Project > MyEclipse > Add/Remove Project Deployments. This opens the project deployment window.
    2. Select the project to be deployed and click on [Add]
    3. Select the Server.
    4. Choose deploy type as either Exploded / Packaged
    5. This should display the Deploy Location. Can you take a screenshot and send it?
    6. Now on click of [OK], it displays the deployments in the Project Deployments window.
    7. Select the project deployment to Weblogic and click on [Browse]. This should list you the deployment folder.

My ear seems to be deploying to server, however, when I browse to the WL console, I see *no* deployments.

Are you running Weblogic inside MyEclipse or outside of MyEclipse?

#297671 Reply

Scott

Hey Joy —

Yeah, I know the drill as I have been using your server connectors for years. It seems to be a problem specific to WL 10. Can you give me any pointers?

Peace,
    Scott

#297681 Reply

This is how I managed to setup my project to work with MyEclipse.

1. Create new Project (New -> Web Project(Optional Maven Support))
    2. Stop auto-build (Project -> Build Automatically – Uncheck)
    3. Drop the default “WebRoot” & “src” folders
    4. Create a new shortcut folder “WebRoot” pointing to external CVS folder “E:\workspace\my_2.6_CVS\my\src\main\webapp”
    5. Create a new shortcut folder “java” pointing to external CVS folder “E:\workspace\my_2.6_CVS\my\src\main\java”
    6. Create a new shortcut folder “resources” pointing to “E:\workspace\my_2.6_CVS\my\src\main\resources”
    7. Create 2 new source folders (Project Context Menu -> New -> Source Folder) and point to “java” & “resources” folder created above.
    8. Java build path – Libraries tab – Add external jar files (from external CVS folder)
    9. Enable auto-build (Project -> Build Automatically – Check)

Voila! You are already set to work with pure-MyEclipse+Tomcat, Bye bye – Maven, S: Q:

To deploy app on local MyEclipse tomcat
    1. Connect to VPN
    2. Project Context Menu -> Run As -> MyEclipse Server Application

The best part is after deployment if you make a code change – the setup automatically sends your latest files to the server.
    No restart of server, No restart of browser required (just ctrl-F5). Cool!
    Btw, you could use any CVS client software such as eclipse, WinCVS, etc

Ain’t I love ‘MyEclipse’.

#297697 Reply

support-joy

Thank you dkenchamba,

Genuitec team thanks you for your support.

Scott,

Since you are able to deploy the same using tomcat. It looks like a Weblogic 10 connector issue. I have downloaded the TraderX enterprise project from out tutorial site – http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/earprojects/ and deployed the same on Weblogic 10. Go through the attached screenshots and check if your configured connector is same. As for the JDK, you can configure to the default JDK provided by Weblogic 10.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #297713 Reply

Scott

Everything looks fine with the connector configuration but still no luck with deploy. Here is another clue. I can export the ear file and install it through the WL console, however, naturally I get *no* changes pushed to the server

#297715 Reply

Scott

One more clue/ I cleared the C:\bea10\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy folder and redeployed the ear again through MyEclipse. I see the ear file is being copied, but the app is not deployed. Is there something required by WL 10 that I need to include in my project?

#297716 Reply

Scott

Thanks dkenchamba —

I have been using this setup for a few months with ClearCase. I’m curious about why you switched the auto-build off and then back on at the end. Was this because each time you would delete the source folders they would immediately be recreated?

Peace,
    Scott

#297717 Reply

Scott

Are your “shortcut” folders actually linked files? I clicked the advanced button and pointed my source files at the ClearCase view drives and it works but seems to be much slower than simply accessing remote files.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Weblogic 10 EAR deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in