facebook

weblogic 8.1 and existing applications

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

doyle

I am trying to use your MyEclipse. I only have one problem that is many parts………..

1. How the heck do I take my existing ear file and explode it into eclipse I have three war files inside the ear. I currently am using an expand script in my development environment to create my structure but I am trying to find a better, faster, smarter way to make jsp and test them. Also each war file has several EJB’s ( I have to make those to manually )

………..well i have lots of questions. If i get this figured out about 30 developers will be happy.

Thanks

Doyle

#197456 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Doyle,

Let’s see if I can give you some information to get you down the road to make those 30 developers happy. First, MyEclipse supports the full EAR model specification, so your EAR project can be associated with multiple war projects and multiple EJB projects. We’ll be able to get you configured, but you’re project structure will need to change a bit, from the sounds of it.

To get started, you need to determine how man Web projects you need and how many EJB projects you need. You’ll need one Web project for each of your existing war files. Since an EJB project can contain any number of EJB’s, you can either put them all in one project or, if your EJB’s are sort of specific to a particular war, you can create an EJB project that contains the EJB’s needed for an individual war project.

Once you’ve determined what you want the structure to look like, the Web project wizard and EJB project wizard to create as many projects of each type as you need. Once you’ve done this, use the EAR project wizard and associate all your previously created web and EJB projects with it. Now you have the proper project structure.

At this point, you need to migrate the Java code from each exsiting war into the Java source directory of the corresponding Web project. Additionally, you need to move the web content files (JSP’s , HTML, deployment descriptors, etc) under the Web project’s web root directory.

Similarly, for each EJB project you need to move your Java source and descriptors over into the Java directory.

Aside from some tweaking, that’s should get you started. Let us know how it goes.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197461 Reply

doyle

Sure I will let you know ……….. that’s alot of projects! ?

#197464 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sure I will let you know ……….. that’s alot of projects! ?

Only if you want it to be. You can consolidate them as you see fit. It’s really up to you. Remember, each EJB project can hold as many EJB’s and supporting classes as you want. The only reason you’d need multiple Web projects is if you want to deploy multiple context paths.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197652 Reply

doyle

Scott,

I have made this thing correctly connect to weblogic 8.1 on a win2k box with myeclipse installed and weblogic 8.1 installed all on the same box. that was at home.

now i want to use it at work from my NT workstation… when i configured it to connect to my sun box (solaris 9) it was a no go. I was trying to use samba to the sun box. any tips ?

#197653 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

now i want to use it at work from my NT workstation… when i configured it to connect to my sun box (solaris 9) it was a no go. I was trying to use samba to the sun box. any tips ?

I assume you mean you’re trying to launch and debug remotely on the Sun via a shared file system. That won’t work through our connectors since they’re specifically designed to facilitate local development. If anything, they’ll try to take the WebLogic 8.1 implementation it finds on the shared file system and launch it locally on your NT box. Is that what you’re trying to do?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197660 Reply

doyle

Yes,

We do not have the ability to do this locally. Maybe I can download a developer install for windoze.

Is there a work around for this? Some way to connect ? I would be willing to try any experimental MyEclipse release.

#197662 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Yes, … Is there a work around for this? Some way to connect ?

Well, you could launch the application server directly on the Sun box, via a script, with the appropriate options to enable remote debugging and then use Eclipse’s native support for remote debugging to hook up to it. You might even be able to use our deployer, since you have a shared file system, but the connector definately won’t work.

For more information please see this article:
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ecbug/

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: weblogic 8.1 and existing applications

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in