facebook

Webservice deployment using MyEclipseBlue

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jag

Hi
    I am attempting to recreate the famous webservice (Calculator) on websphere 6.1. Initially I was able to deploy successful (firefox browser was able to retrieve the wsdl), but on the web services explorer, the operations was empty, figured my POJO had private methods, changed to public and try to redeploy, it failed saying undeployment error and file lock…. Decided to remove the project all together from the server and deploy as new, but it takes hours saying “The application MyService is configured in the Websphere Application server repository”. I am sure, I am doing something incorrectly. I need some help here. Let me know
    if you need any additional info.

Current appserver config.
    Base 6.1.0.15
    EJB 3.0 6.1.0.15
    WS FEP 6.1.0.9

#294448 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm it’s hard to say, I’m assuming you are on MyEclipse Blue right?

What other libraries do you have in the project? Have you tried shutting down the APp Server, removing the deployment once it’s shut down, then spinning it back up and trying to redeploy it?

#294453 Reply

Jag

Riyad
    Thanks for the reply. That is correct, I am using MyEclipse Blue
    (Version: 7.0 Blue Build id: 7.0-Blue-20081201)

I did restart/stop/start, remove and as well as redeploy, but some reason, it took few hrs this morning to deploy.
    Now my deployment appears to be faster. But no methods (add, subtract.. ) are listed operations in WS Explorer. Able to see the app installed successfully. Not sure, what I am doing wrong.
    Appreciate your help

#294455 Reply

Jag

Sorry, not answering the library question. The following is what I have
    jdk1.6.0_11
    J2EE 1.4 lib
    WAS 6.1 WS libary (JAX-RPC)
    that is it.

#294664 Reply

Jag

Riyad

The WS explorer works and all the methods show up and does the math for the calculator project in Web Services Explorer. To fix the above issue, I initially tried using another workstation with fix pack15 and both feature packs (WS and EJB3) installed and same issue (WS explorer not showing up the calculator methods). That way, I was making sure, it was not something related to workstation. Then I applied the IBM Websphere fix pack 21 and as well as all the interim pack. and that took care of the calculator methods not showing up.

Now I could not create a WS client. I get this generic error, not sure, what I am doing wrong, let me know.

“An internal error occurred during: “Generating JAX-WS Web Service Client”.
    com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.AbortException ”

Appreciate your help.
    Thanks

#294666 Reply

Jag

Riyad

The internal error (refer to my previous posting), I took care, by using the WSDL file
    (refer posting https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-create-web-service-client/). Not sure, is this an install/fixpack/MyEclipseIde issue, let me know.

The webservice client project works fine now.

Thanks

#294711 Reply

Riyad Kalla

asi_jag,

I’m glad to hear you got things working, I’ve made a note for us to investigate what went on here for our 7.1 release.

#294763 Reply

Jag

Riyad
    What is 7.1, is it just patches to the Blue edition. If so does it supports Websphere 7.x. Let me know.

Thanks

#294882 Reply

Riyad Kalla

MyEclipse 7.1 (Std, Pro and Blue) will include updates across the board to all versions, especially Blue. We will be added WebSphere 7.0 deployment/connector support, JAX-RPC and JAX-WS support for WebSphere 7.0 web services runtime, improved UML2 functionality like RSA-import support and UML1 > UML2 conversion support, WSAD 5.1/RAD 7.0 and 7.5 project support and a bunch of bug fixes and enhancements all over (like improved JAX-RS restful webservice tooling).

#295531 Reply

Jag

Riyad
    Thanks for the reply. Could I ask, when it will be available.

#296735 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the delay in responding, not sure if you saw, but we released MyEclipse 7.1.1 recently available from our download page (all versions).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Webservice deployment using MyEclipseBlue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in