facebook

WebSphere 5.1 Test Environment with MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

David Cloutier
    Participant

Hi,
    My company has licenses to WSAD 5.1 (WebSphere Application Developer, basically eclipse with some plugins) which comes with an integrated WebSphere 5.1 Test Environment. I was wondering, if theres a way of using this websphere from within MyEclipse. Any thoughts, suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

#235121 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Yes, we have support for both WebSphere 5.1 and 6.0, but as separate installs (not the WSAD embedded versions).
    Although, more configuration is necessary than with any other server, due to the way
    WebSphere operates. Here’s a document on using MyEclipse with WebSphere
    6.0. The steps for 5.1 are similar, but not identical due to changes in the
    WebSphere web admin UI.
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/websphere6/

#238388 Reply

vinceDusso

Our company is in the same situation. We have Websphere Configuration projects (.wsc) that we tried to adapt for Webphere Express 5.1.1 in the hope that we would be able to use MyEclipse to run our application. It failed.

The debugger in WSAD 5.1’s embedded WAS is an horror. On a regular basis (to say the least…), it freezes for up to 15 minutes, for no apparent reason. It is really annoying, but we are stuck with it since MyEclipse, which many developers here would be glad to use, is not able to deploy and debug our application.

I know that you don’t support the embedded versions of WAS, but I think that it could be a great opportunity for you to kick IBM’s butt even where they actually have clients paying for WSAD. And I also suspect that this is a feature that would be appreciated by many MyEclipse users.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: WebSphere 5.1 Test Environment with MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in