facebook

WebSphere client libraries unconfigured

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

t23745

I have just moved from XP to Win7. I Loaded a new myEclipse Blue 10.6 & imported my Eclipse projects developed in MyEclipse 10.5 on XP.

I find the WebSphere Client Libraries are all marked as unconfigured in the build path e.g.

‘WebSphere 6.1 Web Services Client Libraries (unconfigured)’
    Where it’s Classpath container path is: “melibrary.com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61.WEBSPHERE_JAXWS_CLIENTLIB_CONTAINER”

In fact all the ‘Add My Eclipse Libraries’ relating to WebSphere are marked as unconfigured.

Within Preferences MyEclipse/Servers/WebSphere – Blue Connectors/WebSphere 6.1 I have set the WebSphere home directory & added 2 Server instances (profiles). But this doesnt make any difference.

What else have a forgotten to do? There doesnt seem to be much else i can configure related to this. Is it a case of rolling back to XP & 10.5?

#330649 Reply

t23745,

Sorry that you are seeing issues. I have escalated it to the dev team.
    They will get back to you.

#330651 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry for the delayed response. This problem is caused by the fact that the enhancement settings stored for projects enhanced prior to 10.6 were not compatible across systems. This has been corrected in 10.6, but the enhancement settings that already exist in your project will cause the changes to be ignored.

Workaround:
    a) If you look at .setttings/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.projects.properties file in the root of each project, you will see a library.path property pointing to your WebSphere installation. This is probably incorrect for your new configuration and you will need to update it for each project and restart MyEclipse.

OR

b) Simply delete the library.path entry in all properties files. For any one project, delete the properties file entirely. Restart MyEclipse and enhance this project – that will make the libraries available to all projects. Note that this will enhance projects in a way that is not backward-compatible with earlier versions of MyEclipse.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

#330657 Reply

t23745

Thanks for the response,

Within my workspace directory there are no files containing the the literal text ‘library.path’ – Ive only moved a few projects across to check out the new environment.

The contents of a sample .settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.projects.properties file is:

#Thu Sep 27 17:43:37 BST 2012
    myeclipse.enhanced=false
    myeclipse.specific=true

Am I doing somthing wrong?

#330658 Reply

Brian Fernandes

When enhancing projects, you would be given the option to enhance them with internal J2EE containers or WebSphere containers, I believe you may have done the former, I’m not sure why you get the unbound containers in this case.

I would recommend simply deleting all those properties files, restarting MyEclipse and then re-enhance your project. With WebSphere 6.1 already configured, MyEclipse should automatically pick up the right container for your project.

You could try this on just a single project which exhibits the problem before trying multiple projects – if you still have unbound containers, can you please paste the .classpath file of that project here?

#330663 Reply

t23745

Thanks for update,
    Its now fixed – problem – Again thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: WebSphere client libraries unconfigured

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in