facebook

Websphere Portal 6.1 Beta

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mfkilgore

Do you support Websphere portal 6.1. I see in the server connection list Websphere 6.1 and Websphere Portal 6.0. In a quick test I can configure the Websphere 6.1 connector which starts the server and works. The Portal 6.0 connector does not appear to work with Portal 6.1…

The server is the current march beta of Websphere:
    IBM WebSphere Application Server – ND, 6.1.0.15
    Build Number: cf150808.12
    Build Date: 2/28/08

The error I am seeing is:

[6/23/08 15:25:50:426 PDT] 0000000a WsServerImpl E WSVR0008E: Error encountered reading META-INF/ws-server-components.xml
    com.ibm.ws.exception.ConfigurationError: couldnt register ComponentManager
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.bootComponentManager(WsServerImpl.java:283)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.start(WsServerImpl.java:136)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.main(WsServerImpl.java:461)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:59)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:263)
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot find BundleContext for service com.ibm.ws.runtime.service.ComponentManagerImpl
    at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.service.WsServiceRegistry.addService(WsServiceRegistry.java:77)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServerImpl.bootComponentManager(WsServerImpl.java:280)
    … 8 more

[6/23/08 15:25:50:716 PDT] 0000000a WsServerImpl E WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup
    META-INF/ws-server-components.xml

#286139 Reply

mfkilgore

Additional information on portal version:
    IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1
    Build Level: wp610_474_01 2008-06-01 18:11

#286228 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I believe we are currently evaluating support for Portal Server 6.1 right now, I’m sorry to say it’s not ready at the moment. We are also evaluating WebSphere 7 support for a future release too.

#286297 Reply

mfkilgore

Thank you for the reply. Is there any more information you can give me on Portal Server 6.1 planning? Even rough dates like 1 week or 2 months would help my planning.

#286406 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Unfortunately no, not at this time. Management hasn’t release schedules to us, so me even guessing would be pointless as it’s possible another high-priority item could slip onto our plates and adjust our delivery schedule.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Websphere Portal 6.1 Beta

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in