facebook

What does MyEclipse do for Rich Client Platform development?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m thinking of using the Eclipse RCP for an application. I see that MyEclipse shows RCP as one of it’s features – but I can’t find any information on just what it does to make RCP easier.
    So, how does MyEclipse help with RCP development?

#313108 Reply

support-swapna

CasaDelGato,

Matisse4MyEclipse is an implementation of NetBeans Matisse that integrates its functionality into MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench to enable the rapid development of Java Swing rich client applications (RCP) within the MyEclipse environment.

Here is the tutorial which explains on how it can be done :

http://myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/m4m_overview/
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/m4m/

Hope this helps.

#313123 Reply

Ahh, so it has nothing to do with the Eclipse Rich Client Platform? It’s just the Matisse Swing GUI editor – which I don’t think applies to Eclipse RCP projects.

#313138 Reply

support-swapna

CasaDelGato,

MyEclipse as such doesn’t support eclipse rich clients development. I mean we do not do anything extra nor have any extra features in our toolset that would support eclipse rich clients. However we don’t hide the Eclipse platform’s PDE(plugin development environment) wizards and capabilities and they should be available for you. You can develop eclipse rich clients using them just like how you would using a standalone eclipse install.
    As an aside, for swing development, we do have the Matisse4MyEclipse toolset that offers drag n drop, palette functionality for developing swing rich clients.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: What does MyEclipse do for Rich Client Platform development?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in