January 25, 2019 at 3:12 pm #607524
Made a one line change to my web.xml file, adding a simple url pattern to a web resource collection. Now I’m waiting over 10 minutes with
“User Operation is Waiting” and “Base URI change job … OK”
No, it is not OK. What is it and how can I make it go away forever? Cancelling has no effect. If I kill the MyEclipse process the workspace may get corrupted.
Using latest CI build on Windows 7 Pro, both 64-bit.
January 25, 2019 at 3:24 pm #607527
- This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Mike_mikekonikoff.
Hello Mike, really sorry you are hitting this issue in MyEclipse. If you open your tasks manager do you see any child process taking too much memory or CPU?
If you can send a jstack it would help us know which process hanging too.
Aaron LaraJanuary 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm #607528
You can generate a JStack by executing the command
jstack -l 1234 stack.txtwhere 1234 is the PID of the MyEclipse process. If you don’t have jtack command in your path, you should navigate to the JDK’s bin folder.
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_171\bin>jstack -l 1032388 stack.txtJanuary 26, 2019 at 10:59 am #607562
Thank you very much for the info. I will try that if it happens again. Killing the myeclipse process with Task Manager and restarting Myeclipse worked ok this time. I try to avoid this method if possible, so I do really appreciate the jstack tip.February 20, 2019 at 1:14 pm #609267
It happened again today… after using Team Synchronizing to update the source with all incoming changes, a “User Operation is Waiting” message appears and never completes. The top operation shown is “Base URI change job.”
My jstack output is attached.February 20, 2019 at 2:21 pm #609270
Mike, Thanks for the details! I need to investigate this issue and discuss with my mates, please give me some time. I will get back to you tomorrow.
Aaron LaraFebruary 21, 2019 at 3:20 pm #609325
Mike, we managed to come with a fix but it would be awesome if you can give it a try to see if it works at your end. To do so follow the instructions:
1. Shut down MyEclipse.
2. Download and extract the attached
3. Go to your MyEclipse installation directory and navigate to the
4. BackUp the jar file named
com.genuitec.eclipse.rest.jaxrs.core_22.214.171.124706211325.jarby copying it somewhere else.
Make sure the file name (including the version) matches exactly. If it doesn’t match then stop here and let me know what’s the version you have.
5. Override the jar by the one you just extracted.
6. Start MyEclipse and make sure you no longe see the issue.
It would be cool if you can try making changes a few times in web.xml, saving, etc.February 22, 2019 at 2:24 pm #609369
Aaron – it appeared to work. After following your steps and updating web.xml, the Base URI change job message appeared for several seconds, and then it completed and the progress dialog closed on its own, which is good progress. However, I then tried to remove the change from web.xml and now the IDE is not responding for several minutes, screen grayed out except for an inline help box that says:
Data Type: string
Press ‘F2’ for focus
Eventually it completed, so I tried the same steps again (adding a url-pattern, saving, removing the url-pattern) and had the same result. jstack is attached.
February 22, 2019 at 2:33 pm #609370
- This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Mike_mikekonikoff. Reason: new info
Mike, those are awesome news! Thank you for helping us make MyEclipse better!
We will include this fix in our next MyEclipse release 😀
Have a great weekend!
February 22, 2019 at 2:36 pm #609373
- This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by aaronlonin.
I edited my previous post with new info… please let me know if you think it is related or not.February 22, 2019 at 2:44 pm #609375
Mike, thanks for the details provided, they are really useful!
I can see the UI waiting while another thread is reading some zip files. I will share these findings with the developer who primarily worked this issue.
Aaron LaraApril 5, 2019 at 7:40 am #612113
We released MyEclipse 2019.4.0 which has a fix for this issue – it was a really key find, thank you again for taking the time to get us those thread dumps.
If you still run into this issue after updating, please let us know.
Have a great weekend!