facebook

What support avail for iPhone native dev? – ANSWERED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

riclf
    Participant

That’s basically the question. I’m thinking of all the native iPhone functions-
    – record sound
    – play sound
    – record video
    – play video
    – access to GPS
    – accelerometer
    – access to email
    – access to SMS
    – access to Photos, Contacts, Calendar
    – access to Device Info: Model No, S/N, IMEI, ICCID
    – access to Bluetooth, WiFi control and/or use

Development alternatives such as PhoneGap are going the direction of delivering access to this kind of native support. Examples of use would be great.

Thanks, Ric

#312497 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The PhoneGap support in the early versions of MobiOne were experimental. We have temporarily removed them in prep for the upcoming 1.0 production release. We plan to reintroduce PhoneGap support as a focused release in the near future. I think this is a good move as we will design them into MobiOne to fit much more naturally than what is possible in the pre-1.0 product architecture.

Wayne
    Genuitec Mobile Team

#312499 Reply

riclf
    Participant

ok, understandable. But I guess I am correct in believing that there is no native functionality available in the vanilla MobiOne product… true ?

Would it be possible to introduce native services functionality within MobiOne itself versus through use of PhoneGap ?

-Ric

#312548 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Absolutely, you should be able to interface with phonegap apis for hybrid app development. I keep threatening to do just that very thing on a personal iphone app that is perfect for mobile web dev model.

Wayne
    Genuitec Mobile Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: What support avail for iPhone native dev? – ANSWERED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in