facebook

when is MyEclipse 11 coming?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jukefox

@Support-Brian wrote:

Note that it may be possible to install 11.0 on 4.x via the update site (archived or live)

Hi Brian,

now as the new version of MyEclipse has been released I would like to install it from an update site. Unfortunately I cannot find one. Does an update site for MyEclipse 2013 exist already or is it work in progress?

Or is there another way to install it with Eclipse 4.2?

Best regards
    jukefox

#337739 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Due to resource constraints, we could not release 2013 with support for 4.2, nor could we even make some changes that would make it compatible with 4.2.2 out of the box.

While untested, I am working on the update site with a few patches to allow the installation into 4.2.2. Other than performance, I do not foresee any problems.

I will update this thread with details tomorrow – however, please note that installing into 4.2 would be unsupported as all our testing has been carried out with Eclipse 3.8.1 – what we distribute MyEclipse with.We will be taking a another look at the 4.2/4.3 for our next release.

#337769 Reply

jukefox

Hi Brian,

@Support-Brian wrote:

While untested, I am working on the update site with a few patches to allow the installation into 4.2.2. Other than performance, I do not foresee any problems.

Sounds like a good plan:-)

@Support-Brian wrote:

I will update this thread with details tomorrow – however, please note that installing into 4.2 would be unsupported as all our testing has been carried out with Eclipse 3.8.1 – what we distribute MyEclipse with.We will be taking a another look at the 4.2/4.3 for our next release.

Don’t worry. I will not bother you with any support questions regarding Eclipse 4.2.

Thank you very much!

jukefox

#337907 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry for the delay, getting things to work with 4.2 took longer than expected. The download pages will be updated with the 4.2 instructions shortly, but here are those same instructions:

Installing from an Update Site
    1) Install Eclipse Classic 3.8.2.
    2) Edit the eclipse.ini file in the eclipse folder and change the -Xmx384m value to -Xmx512m.
    3) Start Eclipse and click Help > Install New Software > Add the following update site:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/2013/site/GA/
    4) Make sure “Group items by category” is selected and select the “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench for Eclipse 3.8.x” group.
    5) Click Next twice, accept the licenses presented and click Finish to start the installation. Restart when prompted.

Notes for installation into Eclipse 4.2:
    1) If you wish to install MyEclipse into Eclipse 4.2, at step #4, please choose the “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench for Eclipse 4.2.x” group.
    2) UML tooling is not available in 4.2.
    3) MyEclipse 2013 has been extensively tested with Eclipse 3.8; we chose to base 2013 on 3.8 due to performance problems observed with 4.2. Using MyEclipse 2013 with 4.2 is therefore unsupported, but any feedback you have with this configuration would be appreciated.

#337918 Reply

jukefox

Hi Brian,

thanks for your notification. I tried to install it in Eclipse 4.2.2 but I was unable to install “MyEclipse Base” and “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench” out of the “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench for Eclipse 4.2.x” group because of an determined incompatibility with Eclipse 4.2.

Could that be correct? Aren’t there any more features missing than “just” UML tooling?

Thanks!

#337920 Reply

Brian Fernandes

1) Can you paste the exact error message you get with base? Is it the unavailable org.eclipse.sdk [3.8.1, 4.0.0) message?
    Also, which distribution of Eclipse are you starting with Eclipse – Classic/SDK 4.2.2?

2) If you select the entire “MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench for Eclipse 4.2.x” group you should not have had a problem. If you are selecting items piecemeal, please ensure that in the 4.2.x group, you select the MyEclipse 4.2 Compatibility item which is just above MyEclipse Base in the listing. This is a crucial element which allows the installation – works fine for me.

3) Besides UML tooling, everything else installs and should work fine, early builds of 2013 did use 4.2. However, this is untested so I cannot say for sure that everything will work as it should.

#337967 Reply

jukefox

OK. My fault. I’m so sorry. Everything’s fine now.

#337968 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks for reporting back, I’m going to beef up the instructions and mention this point 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: when is MyEclipse 11 coming?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in