facebook

Where to download version 8.6?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

lijamie

I am having much trouble using Spring DSL in 9.0. Where can I download 8.6?

#317367 Reply

jkennedy

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, if you would like to give me some details I may be able to assist you.

If you would like to install 8.6, you will need to use Pulse.

Let me know if you need assistance or if you can give me details about the DSL issue you are facing.

Thanks,
    Jack

#317378 Reply

lijamie

One problem at at time. 🙂

For security, after I changed the settings, it complains about j_spring_security_logout not available. After I re-scaffold the security, it works again. However, I have to redo my JSP pages. Any idea to fix this problem?

#317381 Reply

lijamie

When I deleted an operation of a controller, the controller model package got chaged. for example, I had com.abc.controller as the model package, after I removed an operation, the model name was changed to controller. Any idea of this problem?

Also, can I rename a model package?

#317403 Reply

jkennedy

OK, thanks for the additional details, we are checking into the security question but I wanted to dig in a bit on the DSL rename issue.

I have tried to reproduce this issue and I have not been able too so far, but I have a suspicion about its root cause being a name collision between the Controller, the operation, and the package the controller is in.

Do you by any chance remember the full name of the package, the controller, and the original operation, and then the name you changed the operation too?

Also, was this project created new in 9.0 or did it come in from an 8.6 environment?

We do not have the ability to rename model packages at this time, you would need to create a new package and copy files into it.

Let me know if you can give me the details on those names.

Thanks,
    Jack

#317404 Reply

jayperkins

There is a known bug in 9.0 where changing security (such as by rescaffolding) causes some security settings in the web.xml to be lost. See this post for a description of the problem as well as some workarounds.

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/scaffolding-spring-security-and-enabling-security-in-dsl/

I have not seen the error that you describe in this scenario, but it may be possible if you logged in when the web.xml had the security settings, rescaffolded and then logged out after the web.xml had lost the security settings.

In any event, that bug will be fixed in the next release which is due out soon.

Let me know if you do not think this bug applies to your problem.

Thanks,

Jay

#317541 Reply

lijamie

yes, this applies to my scenario. When is the next release coming out since this is really annoying that I have to re-do my security.

#317575 Reply

jkennedy

The next release will by MyEclipse for Spring 9.1. We expect it to be available within the next 2 weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Jack

#317581 Reply

lijamie

Thanks. Looking forward to the new release.

#317994 Reply

jkennedy

We are putting the finishing touches on MyEclipse for Spring 9.1 and it should be public within the next day or two.

Thanks,
    Jack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Where to download version 8.6?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in