facebook

Why create Workspace \ Application \ Project just to get IDE to use SCSS?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ben.clark
    Participant

When I look at the instructions on how to set up a project to use SCSS instead of plain CSS, I only see the option of creating a workspace, then an Application with no real content and finally a project where I can choose to use SCSS instead of plain CSS. Can you not just make that part of setting up any single, Angular project instead? Maybe, I am missing where that setup can be adjusted, but I sure as heck don’t see it unless I go through all those steps. Any help is much appreciated…

Thanks,
    Ben

#642221 Reply

support-swapna

Ben,

We already have an enhancement request filed to support selection of SCSS instead of CSS during Angular project creation.
    We will keep you posted when the support is out.

For existing projects with default css files, please see the 2. Converting existing Angular CSS project to SCSS style sheet section here : https://medium.com/@manivel45/configuring-angular-7-project-with-sass-bootstrap-and-angular-material-design-69b0f033dc04

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#643356 Reply

support-swapna

Ben,

Our latest CodeMix release, CI 2020.2.25 is out with the support for selecting SCSS during Angular project creation. To update, please go to Help > Check for Updates.

We have added a new field ‘Style extension files’ combo box to the New Angular Project wizard using which you can select the extension of your choice, css being the default. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Why create Workspace \ Application \ Project just to get IDE to use SCSS?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in