facebook

Wicket Support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Is there any existing Wicket plugin for Eclipse out there? I thought I remember Wicket Bench or something from a while ago, but think that died?

I know there is some support in NetBeans, but I’m curious about the tooling setup in general around Wicket… that’s usually the #1 factor that contributes (or detracts) from a framework getting adopted en-mass across a market.

#283590 Reply

James Norris

This message has not been recovered.

#283612 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#283712 Reply

James Norris

#283773 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#284001 Reply

brlmcguire

#284057 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#285579 Reply

zghorse

+1 fro wicket

#286027 Reply

trapongx

I vote for this feature.

#292043 Reply

lestin_j

+1 for me.

#292044 Reply

lestin_j

+1 for me.

#292083 Reply

henk

-1 for me. There is a place for alternative frameworks, but unless they are *very* popular (like e.g. Spring or Seam), people using such alternatives could of course look at an alternative plug-in too. I just don’t feel that Wicket has the momentum (yet). Devoting time to Wicket means the MyEclipse developers can’t devote time to other pressing issues, on which many more people are waiting.

#296178 Reply

Henk, actually I falled back from MyEclipse to Eclipse EE due to the fact it couldn’t work together with JBoss Tools and there is no MyEclipse support for Seam. So Seam isn’t a priority for MyEclipse team either. Somewhere you’re probably right. But in fact they lose my money.

I could return to MyEclipse when it supports Wicket. Just support of editing pages and placing components onto it.Something like maticce but simplier.

Wicket Bench does not much to be useful.

#305628 Reply

stlbyhwk

#310351 Reply

David

I think having the ability to create & deploy Wicket applications via MyEclipse would definitely help me justify the subscription cost.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
Reply To: Wicket Support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in