facebook

WindowBuilder Design view corrupted by update to 14.3 (update 2019.12.5)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Greg Steele
    Participant

Genuitec, LLC MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 14.0.0.me201912041330 com.genuitec.myeclipse.enterprise.workbench

update log shows
    2019.12.5nThis release takes us into the end of this year with new connectors, and upgrades across our integrated tooling. 2019.12.5 is built on Eclipse’s 2019-09 release, and includes a number of core fixes and enhance

Yesterday, everything was fine. Today, I applied an update to bring it to (if I remember correctly) version 14.33. As instructed, I shut down ME and restarted it, at which it “converted” the workspace to be compatible with the updated ME. When I opened the Design view of the main application frame of in project I was working on, the frame shown in the design view was for a different frame in the project. It appears that WindowBuilder simply parsed the wrong Java file. The source view shows the correct Java view. The “Problems” tab also shows 57 errors mostly missing required libraries. Here an example:

Description Resource Path Location Type
    Project ‘GlucoseFoodWeightLog’ is missing required library: ‘C:\Users\gregs\AppData\Local\MyEclipse CI\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.common_3.10.200.v20181021-1645.jar’ GlucoseFoodWeightLog Build path Build Path Problem

These errors are associated with projects that I had finished long ago. I also got messages that said none of the can be built until the errors are fixed..

It appears that the update has trashed lots of metadata in my workpace. Can anybody help?

#634012 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Greg,

We hadn’t realized this until now, but WB apparently creates projects where it adds JARs from the current Eclipse installation to the project’s build path. When you upgrade your MyEclipse instance, these JARs are replaced with newer versions, and as a result, your project will contain references to JARs that no longer exist. To fix this, you would need to correct the missing references, replacing them with the newer versions that you will find int he current installation.

We bundle WB without modifications, so this is something we’ll have to investigate with the WB team. For a more permanent solution, you may want to copy the newer versions of those JARs into your project and reference those copies, so the next time there’s an update, your references are not affected. Sorry about the extra work required here.

As far as the the wrong frame being shown, the update should not have caused something like this to occur. It might be worth checking after correcting the library references, but is this something you can reproduce on every restart? If yes, please send us your server log – you can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

#634055 Reply

Greg Steele
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I managed to recover my projects with a bit of manual effort, since they are all pretty simple.

For the project where Windowbuilder appeared to be parsing the wrong source for the design view, I created a new Windowbuilder project, created the same classes that existed in the bad project, and manually copied/pasted all the java code from the bad project into the new classes. the new project compiled and ran OK.

For all the other projects in the workspace where the Promblem tab was reporting several tens of missing libraris, I looked at their “required libraries” in the build path and deleted anything I didn’t recognize as required by my project. For the projects I tried, that seemed to recover them. I haven’t thoroughly tested them, however.

I hope that a future update will prevent this problem from recurring.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: WindowBuilder Design view corrupted by update to 14.3 (update 2019.12.5)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in