facebook

Windows resolve spaces in paths

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ronyd
    Participant

Windows 10

Files needed are located in paths with spaces. Trying to either use double quotes or escape, MyElcipse still cannot find the files. For example, c:/program files (X86)/Common Files /Oracle/java/javaw.exe, MyEclipse will not start. If we use doubles quotes to resolve the windows spacing issue still does not resolve the problem, eg., , c:/”program files (X86)/Common Files” /Oracle/java/javaw.exe

Have tried multiples variations of escaping and double quotes. Still MyEclipse does not find the files.

Please advise how to resolve this issue so we can continue with our development.

#666851 Reply

Brian Fernandes

1) We do not recommend installing into program files, because even if path issues are resolved, permission issues would prevent MyEclipse from functioning correctly.

2) Which version of MyEclipse are you attempting to use and how exactly was it installed? All our recent versions are 64-bit and will not work with a 32-bit version of Java. They also include a Java binary and typically will just work without you having to adjust any settings.

#666853 Reply

ronyd
    Participant

Hi Brian,

1. Yes understood. Unfortunately here at the company, we have different development groups and they all use MyEclipse differently. I was a developer now in support. So I know exactly what you are referring to. This is the reason why my group stayed away from this type of issue.

2. My group was currently using 2016. Some may be using 2015, or later versions.

Now this current issue with java. Our cyber security team scans all of the companies machines for vulnerabilities. Therefore Java distribution for these machines came back positive. We had to update to 8.0.261. The path is in “c:/program files (X86)/Common Files/Oracle/java/javpath”. So some of our devs I guess point there.

So bottom line, we can’t just rely on software tools, like MyEclipse, which provide 3rd party software.

Is there an issue with file path spaces?

Thankx Brian

#666855 Reply

Brian Fernandes

1) If I understand you correctly, you’re saying the Java binaries in MyEclipse came back positive and so your team has to use a newer version of Java (8.0.261), is that correct?

2) I would still need to know exactly the version of MyEclipse that you’re having trouble with, but I believe 2015 may have been 64-bit only. If this is the case, pointing to a 32-bit Java as you are doing, will not work. One way to confirm this is to look at whether the Java version in the binary folder of the MyEclipse install is 32-bit or 64-bit.

3) Please share the modified myeclipse.ini file with us, along with any errors displayed or logs created during startup so we can figure out exactly what is going wrong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Windows resolve spaces in paths

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in