facebook

Windows Vista Tester

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Matt Bucknam
    Participant

Just got smokin’ hot new laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate. Would like to use MyEclipse asap on it. Will take snapshot release or whatever you have and test it to the hilt. Working on complex Enterprise application that already pushes MyEclipse to the limit.

Ready when you are!!

#266564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Nice, congrats on the new laptop. What are your impressions overall of Vista?

Lastly, our 5.1.1 release comming out shortly should have all the Vista fixes in it and we’d love some help testing when it’s ready.

#266966 Reply

Matt Bucknam
    Participant

Overall, I like it. The new security features seem to be a very good addition. It is going to cause a lot of short term pain though because it breaks a lot of existing software. I did find though that the workaround is to basically bypass all that new security goodness to get older applications working. I got MyEclipse 5.5M1 working by downloading Eclipse 3.2.2 (Build id: M20070212-1330) and the MANUAL INSTALL of MyEclipse 5.5M1 (Build id: 20070123-5.5.0-Milestone1) and dropping the dot.myeclipse.properties file in the c:\users directory. Running MyEclipse as administrator helps out with the App Server connectors and hot-deploy functions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Windows Vista Tester

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in