facebook

Works with emulators?

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stevehorn

Can gapdebug help me when working with the android/ios emulators on the mac?

#352453 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@stevehorn

Yes definitely as long as you are debugging the web side (html, css, js) of a phonegap/cordova app. I have had better experience debugging on the android emulator (but it is so darn slow). On the ios simulator I have run into some occasional quirks where the inspector does not properly show the app’s web content. We are looking into improving this latter experience.

#352465 Reply

stevehorn

Great. Did I miss a tutorial or instructions somewhere to show how to set up debugging using an emulator?

Also, when you say you can debug the “web side”, does that include javascript that is part of the cordova API? IE: setting a notification using the notification plugin?

@support-michael wrote:

@stevehorn

Yes definitely as long as you are debugging the web side (html, css, js) of a phonegap/cordova app. I have had better experience debugging on the android emulator (but it is so darn slow). On the ios simulator I have run into some occasional quirks where the inspector does not properly show the app’s web content. We are looking into improving this latter experience.

#353737 Reply

mrlousi7

anybody out there with advice about what to put in the gapdebug “settings” fields to run it from inside a firewall ?
    and what i have to setup in the firewall to make it all work ?

#353741 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@mrlousi7

Confession & apology! We recently goofed up the proxy support and are fix it now.
    We are testing an update that if all goes well should roll out tomorrow with proxy fix and some additional improvements for both ioS and Android.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Works with emulators?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in