facebook

Workspace in use error [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello-

I am using MyEclipse Version: 3.0.2, Build id: 200503110845 with ClearCase plug-in, ClearCase version 2003.06.10+.

When I was in MyEclipse, I deleted a folder that was in ClearCase. It gave me a warning that it had trouble with the delete, but the folder was removed from the MyEclipse perspective. I did not think much of it at the time and continued development. A few minutes later I got an error message from MyEclipse stating that the periodic saves could not be accomplished. After getting three of these messages, I decided to shut down.

When I tried to start up MyEclipse again, I got the “Workspace in use” message.

There are files under my workspace directory that are locked and will not grant access for delete or file name change.

If you know what is going on, please advise.

Thank you,

Andrew Maddox

#235573 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Andrew,
    Reboot your computer just for good measure (make sure any zombie javaw.exe processes are dead) and then go into your workspace dir after startup and look for a .lock file in the metadata dir and erase it. Then add -clean to your command line used to startup MyEclipse and run it (you can remove -clean now). Is everything kosher again?

#235577 Reply

Hello-

It appears that ClearCase was holding on to the .lock file. If I tried to delete it, I would get an access error.

I rebuilt the project in ClearCase and it is working now.

-Andrew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Workspace in use error [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in