facebook

wrong JSP compile error indicator

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cao Xiaogang

When I edit a JSP file and get some error, the error indicator ( the red cross at the left of the line) always show in somewhere below the real wrong line.
    about 5~10 lines below.

EA2 have not such problem.

actually , form EA1 -> EA2 -> GA2.5, basic JSP edit function is worse and worse. Maybe the staff focus on those ‘high level’ functions, but lost control of the basic functions?

in EA1, the overview area (right to the edit window) can show red grid when a error occur, but in EA2 and GA2.5, it never shows;

in EA2, the red cross indicator is correct, but in GA2.5, this basic function get wild …

Where can I download EA2 version again? I need to ‘downgrade’ to version EA2.

#197170 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Of the thousands of downloads of version 2.5, we’ve never seen nor heard of any problem with the error marking. Also, we’ve been completely unable to replicate this issue internaly. I have a feeling that what you’re seeing is most likely environmental.

To figure out what’s wrong we’ll need some details about your platform, Eclipse version and build id, and JDK version. Also, was this a clean Eclipse installation or does it have any other plugins installed in it?

I assure you the JSP editor functionality has only improved. What you’re seeing is a most likely caused by something in your configuration.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197185 Reply

No Operation

I would love to see proper bug reports, since I want bug fixed in the actual and better version.

If your car breaks, you get rid of it and walk?

NOP

future vs. stone age

#197245 Reply

Cao Xiaogang

I captured the screen.

image 1

image2

the image captured include the same piece of code , have 2 errors.

Actually in my whole project, every error indicator have a wrong position.

This jsp use 2 <% import > directive, and a <jsp:include> tag. maybe this helps.

you can get the jsp file at:
    http://www.redsaga.com/mt15.rar
    If you believe this is is a bug and should be solved, I will provide anything you need.

I’m using Eclipse 2.1.1 ,with myEclipse 2.5.1 ( the latest version) in a English windows 2000 with sp4 box

(If you think this topic should be move to bug board, please move it there.)

#197248 Reply

Cao Xiaogang

an new screen capture for the overview bar.

#197285 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I imagine that this may very well be a bug that is aggrivated by interspersing javascript code within java scriptlets. I’ll move this issue to the Bugs forum and enter it into our internal tracking system for further investigation. Thanks for providing a download link so we can get the complete source for our internal tests.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197307 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Would you try something to see if this corrects the behavior?
    Try to embedd your java script within HTML comment tags:

<script>
    <!–
    if (a < b) …
    –>
    </script>

#197316 Reply

Cao Xiaogang

no, it doesn’t help.
    even I deleted all the <script> block in the jsp file , it doesn’t work

#197320 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for giving it a shot. It’s still in our tracking system so it will be investigated more fully by the development team.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: wrong JSP compile error indicator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in