facebook

xdoclet merge directory and XML validator [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bcholmes

The XML Validator in MyEclipse marks errors on my project because I have a bunch’a .xml files that aren’t properly formatted.

The reason that they’re not properly formatted is that they’re xdoclet merge files — files I want to merge into, say, my struts-config.xml or web.xml. I’m kinda stuck with the xdoclet requirement to have these files contain “xml fragments”.

As a result, my whole project is consistently marked with errors. (And because I’m starting to mentally tune that out, I worry that I’ll miss a real error situation).

Is there a way to tell the XML editor not to validate the xdoclet-merge directory? Or is there a way of configuring xdoclet to use a different file extension?

BC

#220085 Reply

bcholmes

Sorry, I should’a mentioned: Eclipse 3.0.1 on Windows XP with MyEclipse 3.8.2.

#220086 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

BC,

In 3.8.3 (early December) we’ve added updated the validators to ignore all resources (folder or files) that are marked as derived. You can set your merge directory to ‘Derived’ by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties. Once the new release is available, you will need to right-click on the merge dir and select MyEclipse > Remove Validation Error Markers. From that point forward, the directory will be ignored for validation. This doesn’t really help you right now, but it will in a week or two. 🙂

#220235 Reply

bcholmes

@support-scott wrote:

In 3.8.3 (early December) we’ve added updated the validators to ignore all resources (folder or files) that are marked as derived. You can set your merge directory to ‘Derived’ by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties.

Cool. Thanks as always, Scott.

And thanks for the fast turn-around time. I posted my question and only afterward realized that it was US Thanksgiving weekend.

BC

#222794 Reply

bcholmes

@support-scott wrote:

You can set your merge directory to ‘Derived’ by right-clicking on it and selecting Properties. Once the new release is available, you will need to right-click on the merge dir and select MyEclipse > Remove Validation Error Markers.

The problem I’ve run into with this solution is that it appears that Eclipse decides not to check derived folders into CVS.

I need to manage the xdoclet-merge folder in CVS so that other people on my team running xdoclet get the same merged entries.

#222901 Reply

bcholmes

Now I’m wondering if the fact that this thread is marked “[Closed]” is keeping you guys from noticing my additional posts.

#222905 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry, I fired your additional post off to dev team asking them what they think, I was waiting for a reply before I posted here. I’ve just ‘pinged’ them about it 😉

#222932 Reply

Riyad Kalla

BC,
    We are looking into adding a new kind of flag to avoid this, in the mean time unmark the resource as derived, check it in, then mark it as dervied again should work around the problem. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

#223406 Reply

bcholmes

@support-rkalla wrote:

We are looking into adding a new kind of flag to avoid this, in the mean time unmark the resource as derived, check it in, then mark it as dervied again should work around the problem.

Okay. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: xdoclet merge directory and XML validator [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in