facebook

xdoclet valueobject error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alex Lara
    Participant

Hi!

We have been experiencing an error in valueobject generation with xdoclet. The error persists in all releases of MyEclipse we have worked with (since 3.2 I think…) and it’s fixed in xdoclet site but not in the MyEclipse releases

Well, the error simpli is that the xdoclet-generated valueobject generates a NullPointer exception

The erroniously generated valueobject contains something like this:
    public void setId( long id ) {
    this.id = id;
    idHasBeenSet = true;
    primaryKey.setId(id); <– ERROR! primaryKey obj has not been initialized
    }

The solution is in xdoclet JIRA site: http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XDT-1385

Hope this helps and I hope MyEclipse next release comed with the correct version of xdoclet

Thanks

#257874 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Unfortunately there was never a 1.3 release of XDoclet ever done so there is nothing we can grab to do an update to the XDoclet lbiraries that ship with MyEclipse.

If you do decide to build it from CVS, you can manually replace the XDoclet libraries in the XDoclet plugin under MyEclipse and then go to the XDoclet preferences in Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > XDoclet and refresh all the metadata and code assist information.

I know this is a far from stellar solution, unfortunately I can’t offer anything else until the XDoclet team does an official 1.3 release (atleast I don’t see one anywhere on the site).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: xdoclet valueobject error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in