facebook

XHTML validator trouble

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jqshenker

Hello! I absolutely love myeclipse. However, there seems to be a bug in the xhtml validator.
    I am working with a jsp file, whose doctype is xhtml 1.0 strict. I have validated it via the w3validator and comes up clean, but he screen below shows myeclipse complaining.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? If you need it, I’d be happy to submit the full source for that page. I am running the lastest build for 3.1m7 on linux.

The following page also produces the error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html>
      <head>
      </head>

<body>
          <div>
            <form>
            <input />
            </form>
        </div>
      </body>
    </html>

Other issues I have noticed:

• Sometimes while editing jsp pages (especially pasting into them) the cursor turns into a white hand (like in a browser while mousing over a link)
    • There is no html autocomplete in the jsp editor

Thanks for all the hard work. MyEclipse is awesome!
    –Jake

#230046 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hello! I absolutely love myeclipse. However, there seems to be a bug in the xhtml validator.

The HTML/JSP editors don’t explicitly support XHTML just yet, that’s likely what is causing the trouble you are seeing.

There is no html autocomplete in the jsp editor

This is caused by the validation errors, the autocomplete becomes inconsistent when validation errors exist, we should hopefully get full XHTML support by 5.0 release, sorry for the delay.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: XHTML validator trouble

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in