facebook

XML Editor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Wayne Kidd

Is there something wrong with my XML editor

It seems that tag completion does not add =”” and that it does not know about </ <cntl-space>

Have I missed something in the 2.7 upgrade? Is there a fix. I turned off xml buddy because of the percieved enhancements. Maybe there is a conflict with one of my other plugins.

Wayne

#205943 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hi Wayne,
    Actually the “not inserting =” is on our Todo list, but the </ <ctrl-space> should work… are you certain you are opening your xml files with our editor? (right click, Open With, MyEclipse XML Editor). Also, what version of MyEclipse are you using? 2.7 GA or 2.7.1?

#205990 Reply

Wayne Kidd

I am using 2.7.1 I am sure that I am using your xml editor (since none of the other xml editors I have tried fail to put =”” into the completion.

Wayne

#205993 Reply

Riyad Kalla

…since none of the other xml editors I have tried fail to put =”” into the completion

Hmm, I would hope in the future that you are able to tell you are using our editor by a more positive indication 😀

Can you copy out the header of the XML file and post it here for me to try out. I’m most interested in the <xml> part at the top, then the doctype definition with the referenced DTD. Also, do you get autocomplete with the open-tag statement and attributes? Can you check your <eclipse install>\workspace\.metadata\.log file to see if there are any exceptions in it that might help us track down what is going on?

#209511 Reply

Wayne Kidd

I have upgraded to 3.8 beta 1 and I still have the problem of =”” not added on attribute completions. Is this change going to make it into 3.8GA (or beta2). Thanks in advance.

Wayne

#209514 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Wayne,
    I’m checking on this.

#209515 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This attribute completion enhancement will be in 3.8 Beta 2.

#209573 Reply

Wayne Kidd

Thanks. How is the date looking for this?

Wayne

#209624 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We’re working through the builds this weekend. Monday sometime looks good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: XML Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in