facebook

XML editor always tries to validate and/or download

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

binyan

Using 3.8B1, the xml editor always seems to try and validate a document and/or download the doctype dtd if the document has the doctype element. If I remove the doctype element then saves happen immediately, however if I leave it in the saves take 10 -15 seconds to complete, which lock the whole UI which is bad.

#208215 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That seems like a long time to validate a document, but I guess it’s not unthinkable given file sizes and memory usage that might occur. Please make sure you have the Use DTD Cache turned on in the XML editor preferences. If that’s already the case, you might want to disable XML validation in the XML editor’s preference page. I’d normally tell you that you could still manually request validation of the editor’s context menu, but unfortunately if validation is turned off the context menu item is removed in Beta 1. However, this is a known bug and will be fixed in Beta 2.

Out of curiosity, how much memory are you giving Eclipse when you start it? Any -Xms/-Xmx options in use?

#208224 Reply

binyan

No, the dtd file is not big (it’s the hibernate-mapping.dtd) and I have had all the preferences on, off and in between, but I will need to wait until I’m back in the office to recheck their settings. I’m not passing any memory args, since I haven’t had to and the workspace I’m using is extremely small, a beggining hibernate project and a simple FooExample project. It just seems that a download is in progress because whenever I save in the editor my network activity icon lights up. I can’t tell whether it is actually downloading something repeatedly or trying and silently failing. In what directory does ME cache the dtds?

#208225 Reply

Riyad Kalla

binyan, they are in the dir:
    <myeclipse install>\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.xmen_2.7.101\dtd

#208243 Reply

binyan

OK, I’ have verified the settings and it still fails or in this case takes a long time to save. I tried all this in a new clean weokspace and if the doctype element is commented out or if the url in the doctype element is removed then saves happen immediately. The following is the document I’m learning hibernate with, see if you all can verify.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″ ?>

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
    “-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 2.0//EN”
    http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-2.0.dtd”&gt;
    <!–
    –>

<hibernate-mapping package=”com.abc.xyz”>

<class name=”Address” table=”ADDRESS”>
    <id name=”id” type=”int”>
    <generator class=”native”/>
    </id>
    <property name=”line1″ type=”string”>
    <column name=”LINE2″/>
    </property>
    <property name=”line2″ type=”string”>
    <column name=”LINE1″/>
    </property>
    <property name=”city” type=”string”>
    <column name=”CITY”/>
    </property>
    <property name=”state” type=”string”>
    <column name=”STATE”/>
    </property>
    <property name=”postalCode” type=”string”>
    <column name=”POSTAL_CODE”/>
    </property>
    <property name=”county” type=”string”>
    <column name=”COUNTY”/>
    </property>
    <property name=”country” type=”string”>
    <column name=”COUNTRY”/>
    </property>
    <property name=”typeValue” type=”int”>
    <column name=”TYPE_VALUE”/>
    </property>

</class>

</hibernate-mapping>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: XML editor always tries to validate and/or download

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in