facebook

XML Validation takes too much time [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

XML Validation takes too much time when not connected to the network.
    ( If i start eclipse with -vmargs -Dhttp.proxyHost=<proxy name> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<proxy port> arguments everything works ok)

The exact procedure is:
    1. i change an xml deployment descriptor outside of eclipse (e.g. run xdolet)
    2. refresh the project’s root
    3. I see a dialog titled “Progress Information” with the following messages
    “Validating /OrgChartEJB/src/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml”
    “Validating /OrgChartEJB/classes/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml”
    etc for every xml file in my project structure
    (both in src and classes directories)

each xml file validation takes 30sec and at that time eclipse is using no cpu resources and outputs an error like the above:

!ENTRY XMLBuilderPlugin 4 0 Ιουλ 28, 2003 11:57:20.546
    !MESSAGE Network is unreachable: connect
    !STACK 0
    java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

<large stacktrace elided/>

at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.run(JavaCore.java:2711)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.run(WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

I think that you should implement a schema cache or include a set of standard dtds in your distribution and use them to validate the deployment descriptors instead of downloading them each time.

#197228 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

i change an xml deployment descriptor outside of eclipse (e.g. run xdolet)

Why not run XDoclet internally using our integrated XDoclet support? It works within the Eclipse resource modification model so manual refreshes of your workspace are no longer needed.

I think that you should implement a schema cache or include a set of standard dtds in your distribution and use them to validate the deployment descriptors instead of downloading them each time.

We couldn’t agree more. There’s already an enhancement request in for it. In the meantime, the workaround is to turn off XML validation on the XML editor preference page.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197241 Reply

I actually use your internal xdoclet support but i run the xdoclet external tool command created by myeclipse for xdoclet .
    I notished that when i run the external tool command the project doesn’t refresh but when i press MyEclipse->Run XDoclet command from the Project Context Menu the project refreshes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: XML Validation takes too much time [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in