facebook

XML/XSLT Plug-ins

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Russ

I hope I have the right forum. What I am trying to do is use MyEclipse as my primary development tool, but I have gotten assigned a task where I am not sure what tool to use. What I want to accomplish is transform xml into html. I have this working inside MyEclipse, but I need to do some detail debugging of the XSLT. It has been recommended I use Stylus or oXygen tools to accomplish the debugging. I see oXygen has a plug-in for Eclipse. I am wondering is some one is currently using either of these tools within their IDE or are these two tools compatible with MyEclipse?

#259746 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Russray,
    While MyEclipse doesn’t provide any XSLT support right at the moment, I know a few of our customers are using Oxygen in conjunction with MyEclipse. You just need to pay attention which XML files you are opening with which editor. For example, if you open your struts-config.xml file, and Oxygen has taken over all .XML mappings, just manually right click, open with, MYEclipse Struts Editor… stuff like that. Otherwise it should work fine.

#311392 Reply

What is the current recommended editor/debugger for XSLT for myeclipse?

None of my myeclipse related searches and returning any information that I can use.

Thanks,
    Dale

#311904 Reply

support-joy

Dale,

You can try with MyEclipse XML editor.
    I understand that there has been a request for XSLT debugger. Adding this feature is purely a management decision. Having said that I know that couple of our users were able to integrate oxygen plugin for eclipse to their MyEclipse profile.

Mentioned below are steps on how to add the oxygen plugin to your MyEclipse 8.5 profile. (Please note that this is based on http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygenEclipse/installation-instructions.html )
    1. Open MyEclipse 8.5 IDE
    2. Click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center
    3. Select Software tab. Click on “Add Site” link
    4. Add the name of the plugin and update site as http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Eclipse/site.xml
    5. This will list 1 managed change under “Pending Changes”
    6. Click on [Apply 1 change] this will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps.
    7. After installation, please restart your MyEclipse IDE

In case you are using ME 8.6, please research the relevant plugin for Eclipse 3.5.2.

Best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: XML/XSLT Plug-ins

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in