facebook

XSD graphical editor and XSLT debugger

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jon Nermut

I have been leading the development of a largish J2EE custom app that uses an xml datastore. We define a schema in XSD and use JAXB to generate java objects to transport the xml.
    XSD is not a particularly easy language to edit directly, so we have been using XMLSpy to edit the xsd. However the licensing of XMLSpy is out of control, over $500 per seat, so we have been restricted to one copy.
    It would be very nice if MyEclipse included a graphical XSD editor along the lines of xml spy’s.
    The XSD Eclipse sub-project includes a tree based xsd editor that is somewhat useful. Maybe it would be possible to embrace-and-extend this editor into a full blown GEF based visual editor?

The other thing we use XMLSpy for is XSLT debugging. Writing a complex xslt just plain sucks without the ability to step through it. I notice that the oXygen xml editor now has an xslt debugger, but again, it would be much better for us if this was an included feature in MyEclipse.

Cheers,

Jon Nermut

#208949 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jon,
    We can understand your desire to see this XML-based tooling available in MyEclipse. We are working hard to expand our development support which also includes enhancements to our XML technologies and will take your requests seriously. Thank you for taking the time ot send them in.

#209009 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Jon,
    We can understand your desire to see this XML-based tooling available in MyEclipse. We are working hard to expand our development support which also includes enhancements to our XML technologies and will take your requests seriously. Thank you for taking the time ot send them in.

There are also very nice XML/XSD/etc. editing features in the code IBM donated to the WebTools project. When will that be accessible (either via MyEclipse or directly from anywhere)?

Regards,

Robert

#209010 Reply

snpe

There is WebTools eclipse project and Milestone 1 is Sep 25

regards

#209013 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We won’t pass up anything good in WebTools, I’ve been assured of that by GOD 😉

#209365 Reply

What? When did I tell you that?

No, I’m not crazy….. I’m an airplane

#210895 Reply

Jon Nermut

The IBM web tools contribution is now available. I am going to try and get their XSD editor working.

#210897 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Or, you could just hang tight until we do it for you — very soon. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: XSD graphical editor and XSLT debugger

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in