facebook

ZipException: invalid stored block lengths

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

defiant42

When trying to deploy an EJB2.0 project to a WAS6.1.0.17 server, I am getting the following errors below. This is with a new server profile created while under 0.17, I did not try to restore my previous profiles. To get to WAS 6.1.0.17, I did a complete remove & reinstall of WAS from scratch…. [what fun! NOT!]

Earlier, (using 6.1.0.15) I had seen similar, and basically switched the deployment from packaged to exploded, and it seemed to clear it up. Now that I’ve upgraded to 0.17, I cannot seem to make it go away. This is with ME-Blue 6.5.1 Install details are also below.

The odd thing is I’ve also created a simple EAR project that has one Stateless Session Bean, and it deploys fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

—————————————————————————————————————————————
    MyEclipse: deployment START explodedproject: ERC_TEST_EAR server: websphere61Server#Server1P4ERCTNG time: Mon Aug 18 14:42:34 CDT 2008
    —————————————————————————————————————————————
    WASX7357I: By request, this scripting client is not connected to any server process. Certain configuration and application operations will be available in local mode.
    WASX7303I: The following options are passed to the scripting environment and are available as arguments that are stored in the argv variable: “[C:\\apps\\IBM\\WebSphere\\AppServer6.1\\profiles\\AppSrv04\\installableApps\\ERC_TEST_EAR.ear, SSHMSG242LAP013Node03Cell, SSHMSG242LAP013Node03, server1, ERC_TEST_EAR, {{“ERC_TEST_WEB.war” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}}, {{“null” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}}, false, true, true, C:/apps/MyEclipse6.5Blue/myeclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806/scriptutil/scriptutil.jar, C:/apps/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6.1/profiles/AppSrv04/installedApps/SSHMSG242LAP013Node03Cell/ERC_TEST_EAR.ear/ERC_TEST_EJB.jar]”
    C:\apps\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer6.1\profiles\AppSrv04\installableApps\ERC_TEST_EAR.ear
    SSHMSG242LAP013Node03Cell
    SSHMSG242LAP013Node03
    server1
    ERC_TEST_EAR
    {“ERC_TEST_WEB.war” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}
    {“null” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}
    -nopreCompileJSPs -distributeApp -useMetaDataFromBinary -deployejb -appname “ERC_TEST_EAR” -createMBeansForResources -reloadEnabled -reloadInterval 1 -deployws -validateinstall off -noprocessEmbeddedConfig -filepermission .*.dll=755#.*.so=755#.*.a=755#.*.sl=755 -buildVersion Unknown -noallowDispatchRemoteInclude -noallowServiceRemoteInclude -MapWebModToVH {{“ERC_TEST_WEB.war” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/web.xml” default_host}} -JSPReloadForWebMod {{“null” “ERC_TEST_WEB.war,WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi”AppDeploymentOption.Yes 1}}
    false
    true
    true
    C:/apps/MyEclipse6.5Blue/myeclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere_6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806/scriptutil/scriptutil.jar
    C:/apps/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer6.1/profiles/AppSrv04/installedApps/SSHMSG242LAP013Node03Cell/ERC_TEST_EAR.ear/ERC_TEST_EJB.jar
    -deployejb
    ADMA5016I: Installation of ERC_TEST_EAR started.
    ADMA5058I: Application and module versions are validated with versions of deployment targets.
    ADMA5018I: The EJBDeploy command is running on enterprise archive (EAR) file C:\Documents and Settings\ZMM0362\Local Settings\Temp\app25392.ear.
    Starting workbench.
    framework search path: c:\apps\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer6.1\deploytool\itp\plugins
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.getEarWithDD(BatchExtension.java:3213)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.preprocessArchives(BatchExtension.java:3654)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.run(BatchExtension.java:339)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BootLoaderLoader.run(BootLoaderLoader.java:275)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BatchDeploy.execute(BatchDeploy.java:99)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.execute(EJBDeploy.java:83)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.main(EJBDeploy.java:313)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths
    at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(InflaterInputStream.java:165)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(ZipInputStream.java:155)
    at java.util.jar.JarInputStream.read(JarInputStream.java:198)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(ZipInputStream.java:107)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.checkEJB3Modules(BatchExtension.java:3740)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.getEarWithDD(BatchExtension.java:3194)
    … 14 more
    Creating the project.
    An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.
    An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.
    Shutting down workbench.
    Error executing deployment: java.lang.NullPointerException. Error is null.
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:220)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.importEar(BatchExtension.java:1091)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.runEarDeploy(BatchExtension.java:440)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.access$1(BatchExtension.java:435)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension$RunDeploy.run(BatchExtension.java:418)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension$RunDeploy.execute(BatchExtension.java:382)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtension.run(BatchExtension.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BootLoaderLoader.run(BootLoaderLoader.java:275)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BatchDeploy.execute(BatchDeploy.java:99)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.execute(EJBDeploy.java:83)
    at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.main(EJBDeploy.java:313)
    EJBDeploy level: o0812.04
    ADMA5007I: The EJBDeploy command completed on C:\apps\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer6.1\profiles\AppSrv04\wstemp\wstemp\app_11bd758b74a\dpl\dpl_ERC_TEST_EAR.ear
    ADMA5008E: EJBDeploy failed on C:\apps\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer6.1\profiles\AppSrv04\wstemp\wstemp\app_11bd758b74a\dpl\dpl_ERC_TEST_EAR.ear: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMA0063E: An error occurred in EJB deployment – [An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.]
    com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMA0063E: An error occurred in EJB deployment – [An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.]
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.task.DeployEJBTask.performTask(DeployEJBTask.java:355)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.SchedulerImpl.run(SchedulerImpl.java:262)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)
    ADMA5011I: The cleanup of the temp directory for application ERC_TEST_EAR is complete.
    ADMA5014E: The installation of application ERC_TEST_EAR failed.
    WASX7017E: Exception received while running file “C:\apps\MyEclipse6.5Blue\myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.blue.websphere61_6.5.1.zmyeclipse650200806\installEAR.jacl”; exception information: com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7132E: Application install for C:\apps\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer6.1\profiles\AppSrv04\installableApps\ERC_TEST_EAR.ear failed: see previous messages for details.

Install Summary:

*** Date:
    Monday, August 18, 2008 2:49:43 PM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_14

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition
    Version: 6.5.1 Blue GA
    Build id: 6.5.1-Blue-GA-20080715

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Blue Edition

Version: 6.5.1 Blue GA
    Build id: 6.5.1-Blue-GA-20080715

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.3.2.v20080129
    Build id: 20080221-1602

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-_19UEl7Ezk_gXF1kouft
    Build id: M20080221-1800

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-8y8eE9UEUWI6qujeED0xT7bc

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.3.2.r33x_r20080129-7o7jE7_EDhYDiyVEnjb1pFd7ZGD7

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-7N7M5DQVIA_6oJsEFkEL

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-7M7J7LB-u3aphGW6o3_VmiVfGXWO

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\apps\MyEclipse6.5Blue\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\apps\MyEclipse6.5Blue\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.3.R33x_v20080118\eclipse_1023.dll
    -startup
    C:\apps\MyEclipse6.5Blue\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20080118.jar
    -exitdata
    e58_78
    -clean
    -showlocation
    -data
    C:\dev\eclipse\ws8
    -vmargs
    -Xmx1536m
    -vm
    C:\apps\MyEclipse6.5Blue\jre\bin\javaw.exe

#288448 Reply

Greg

So on your new installation of websphere does exploded deployment work but just not packaged? What about a webonly project, does it work in packaged?

#288538 Reply

defiant42

Got the same result using either exploded or packaged.

#288540 Reply

defiant42

OK…..I got this (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid stored block lengths ) figured out!!! Turns out I had a .jar file
    in the .ear that was old…..it was compiled under JDK1.1 (according to the “magic number” of the class files).

CA FE BA BE 00 03 00 2D ……

2D in hex is 45, which indicates JDK1.1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_(file_format)

Would think older versions would work……..perhaps not.

Anyway, by removing this .jar file from the .ear project (there was no dependency on it. This is a project I “inherited”, so I did not originally set it up), the -ejbdeploy task runs fine!

A little more info on the nature of this error would have saved me MUCH TIME! 🙁

Eric

Eric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: ZipException: invalid stored block lengths

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in