Get QR Conference Buddy, a simple app for your mobile phone that uses your device's camera to capture QR codes with ease.
To get started with using the QR Conference Buddy application, you will need to deploy out a small Java EE application to an application server. This page provides instructions on how to get started.
Ready to Get Started?
Before getting too far into this, we'll point out that all the source code is up on GitHub under github.com/Genuitec/, with the backend called qr-conference-jee-backend.
To get started:
- Install (or find an existing) Tomcat 7 or equivalent Java EE 7 compatible server
- Deploy the web application from Git to your server, or...
- Deploy this qr-conference-buddy.war file to get started
- If using the packaged .war, make sure you have user roles defined in your Tomcat or equivalent server assigned the "confuser" role, as is required for the .war configuration
- For simplicity, the default deployment model uses an embedded Derby client
- Log in to your portal to configure your conferences
- Use the same URL inside the mobile application, such as http://host:8080/qr-conference-buddy