Taking a Snapshot of a Live Package
If you have a current version of a package that you might want to re-promote after subsequent promotions occur, you can save it as a snapshot. In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Take a snapshot and access on the portal
- Click a package’s Timeline tab. If installers are out of date, click on the Live tab to build updated installers.
Before a promoted package will appear as a snapshot candidate, installers must be up to date. Therefore, before promoting an update to a live version, be sure installers are built, and then take a snapshot if you might want to install the current version at a later date.
- Click Snapshots.
Viewing available version snapshots
- Select Current Version, and click to take a snapshot. To remove a snapshot, select the snapshot, and click .
- Enter a title and description of the snapshot, and click OK.
Note: The current version available for snapshot is the most recently promoted version with updated installers. If your live version does not have up-to-date installers, the snapshot will not be of your live version.
- To install a snapshot, select the package on the portal page. Snapshots are listed under Previous releases in the Downloads section of the page. Click to expand the list.
Note: Snapshots appear on the portal page for the group(s) associated with the package.
- Click the snapshot you want to install.
Snapshots show in the Previous releases list in the Downloads section