Testing Public REST API of Popular Services
The MyEclipse Explorer view contains a REST API node with sample APIs for popular services such as FaceBook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. In this tutorial, you will test a Facebook API method. You will learn how to:
- Open the Facebook WADL in the REST explorer
- Test one method
This feature is available in MyEclipse.
1. Open the Facebook API WADL
- In the MyEclipse Explorer, expand RESTful Web Services, and double-click Facebook.
Opening the Facebook WADL
- In the Outline section, expand Application>https://graph.facebook.com>search, and select search [GET].
Selecting a method to test
- Click the Test method link.
Test method tab
- Click Authenticate to log into Facebook with your credentials.
Entering required authentication before testing
- Type Genuitec as your search string in the q field, and leave the default page as the query type.
Note: Hover over the info icon to view all supported types.
Setting up the search
- Click . The service responses appear response areas.
- When finished testing, you can click Delete token to have the REST explorer forget your credentials. This step is optional.
Removing credentials from REST explorer