facebook

3.0.1 is out

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jon Nermut

The first mantainence release of Eclipse of the 3.0 series is out.
    Any news when a new bug fix release of ME (3.8.2) will be available to match Eclipse 3.0.1?

#215541 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Actually, you can use 3.8.1 with 3.0.1. However, 3.8.2 should be out by the end of the week (9/24-ish).

#215554 Reply

CAryaSil

there are some problems with 3.8.1+QF20040825 and the eclipse 3.0.1.
    i can’t change or view the settings for the applications servers. they are not visible. in the tab ‘editors’, there is only sql. none of the rest. etc…
    but i can wait until the end of this week..

my configuration:
    eclipse 3.0.1
    gef 3.0.1
    emf 2.0.1

so far,
    carsten

#215573 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Carsten,
    You mean the application server preferences? Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Application Servers? Do you not see the nodes of the parent tree, or you don’t see the preferences for each connector?

#215581 Reply

CAryaSil

Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Application Servers.! There is nothing more to see in the section for the application servers.

#215583 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This sounds like an installation issue. Can you please check the log file at <workspace>/.metadata/.log. It’s probably loaded with errors related to plugin startup.

#215584 Reply

CAryaSil

oops.. sorry.. you’re right.
    i moved a folder instead of making a copy of it, the time i used the ve from eclipse.
    now it seems to be fine…

#215587 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for the followup.

#215791 Reply

Jon Nermut

Thanks for the update. Just curious – are you going to keep the versions of EMF, XSD, GEF etc. included with ME up do date at the current version? This effects whether the latest versions of VE or Hyades can be used with ME.

Cheers,

Jon

#215799 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jon,

Actually, it doesn’t really affect compatibility if we don’t because if a newer version is available, Eclipse will load it instead of the version we package. So, if VE bundles a newer version it shouldn’t cause issues at all since we don’t change the version numbers of the binary projects we ship. Actually, there was a bug related to this that we’ll fix in 3.8.2 for a couple of the binary plugins where we inadvertantly changed the version and messed up compatibility that way.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: 3.0.1 is out

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in