facebook

64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for App Updates

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Darshan Patel
    Participant

64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for App Updates

As we announced in October, beginning on February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

i got this warning after successfull completion of build..

what does this mean? i wont be able to submit new apps? how to include 64bit support?

please help… soon my first IOS app is gonna go on appstore..

#353372 Reply

Hi,

Currently its just a notice about the upcoming changes. If you are using the PhoneGap Build service to build your apps they have said that they will be compatible by the deadline, but I have not heard anything new from them on the subject.

#353377 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

that means i have only 18days… to get my first app on appstore

i hope appstore approves my app quickly..

#353380 Reply

Hi,

We are hoping they implement it soon so we don’t have to worry about it as well.

Good luck with your app!

#353395 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

http://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2014/11/25/ios-64bit.html

this link says,

The first version of Cordova to include 64-bit for iOS is 3.4.1. Therefore, to meet these requirements of the Apple App Store, you should be using at least version 3.4.1 of Cordova before this February deadline.

and the current version of cordova i m using is 3.5, so is 64bit warning still an issue??

#353399 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>and the current version of cordova i m using is 3.5, so is 64bit warning still an issue??

Brandon informed me that his most recent PhoneGap Build recent a couple of days ago was still raising this warning. The notice you referenced applies only if you are building your project’s locally, e.g., with XCode. We are paying close attention to this issue and will keep you posted.

#353407 Reply

Darshan Patel
    Participant

okay… thanks a lot.. 🙂

#353441 Reply

The people at PhoneGap Build release that the 64 bit support would be implemented before the deadline:
    http://community.phonegap.com/nitobi/topics/apple-forces-ios-8-sdk-and-64-bit

#353479 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Have just uploaded my first ‘mobione migrated to ME’ app with 64 bit support from Phonegap and NO error messages from ITC! I can barely control myself, might have to have a lie down.

#353488 Reply

PhoneGap Build announced yesterday that they now support the building of 64-bit apps:
    http://docs.build.phonegap.com/en_US/introduction_supported_platforms.md.html#Supported%20Platforms

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: 64-bit and iOS 8 Requirements for App Updates

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in