facebook

Adding Subclipse plugin to a reinstalled ME 8.6 for Spring fails

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Hi,

For some (very strong) reason I have to reinstall ME 8.6 for Spring.
    To be able to use SVN I have add Subclipse plugin, which fails.
    I tried 2 ways, both failed, because Pulse keeps requesting login data, but nothing is accepted.
    – I tried to use the standard way of adding a plugin from Personal Software of tab My Software.
    – I tried to use the specific way of adding a plugin using “add site” of tab Browse Software

Alternatively I tried to use ME 2016, but I cannot add the old (original) Toplink 1.0 jars for JPA to my dynamic web project.
    I do not have time to completely rework my project, thou I am aware, I shall be forced to do it sooner or later.

Thanks
    Balazs Toth

#635414 Reply

support-swapna

Balazs,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

You could install Subclipse using the dropins method. I just tried installing Subclipse 1.8 to MyEclipse 8.6.1 using dropins method and it works at my end.

Shut down MyEclipse. You can extract the downloaded plugin zip file and copy the features and plugins folder to the dropins folder located in the MyEclipse installation directory. Please make sure the features and plugins folders are immediate children of the dropins folder or the plug ins will not be recognized when you start MyEclipse. Once the folders are copied, please start MyEclipse and the plugin will be automatically detected.

We will look into the login issue, but it is high time you move to a newer and stable version of MyEclipse. Versions earlier than MyEclipse 2018 are no longer fully supported. We do try and assist licensed users working with previous versions but no fixes will be made to those releases.

You can install MyEclipse 2019 alongside your existing MyEclipse 8.6 installation and give it a try. Your current license is valid for newer releases as well.

Please let us know if you see any issues with the migration. We will be glad to assist you with the upgrade.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#635419 Reply

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thank you for the quick and working solution.
    I agree with your proposal of ME IDE update, and perform it when I have time for my project update as well.

Thanks again
    Balazs

#635423 Reply

support-swapna

Balazs,

Glad that you are all set.
    Please let us know if you see any problems with the upgrade.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Adding Subclipse plugin to a reinstalled ME 8.6 for Spring fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in