facebook

After installing CodeMixI'm getting JSON errors in the Problems View

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jewellcj
    Participant

The errors are because the JSON is strictly not syntactically correct – the files with suffix json consist of multiple syntactically valid ‘rows’ emanating from a Spark processor, so I’m getting 80 error messages ‘End of file expected’. I don’t want to have to modify these files but can’t seem to find how I can stop these Error messages from displaying in my Problems View. I’ve tried turning off both JSON validation and Json Linting. I’m also tried adjusting the Configuration Contents for the Problem View but they keep coming back. Also I’ve notice that validation takes far-far longer than prior to when I installed CodeMix – I understand that this is a tradoff but it really does seem to run really slowly (Macbook Pro -Xmx8200m in eclipse.ini)

Can someone help me here? Thanks in advance

#581088 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Hi jewellcj,

CodeMix Validation on a project level is still a matter of the ongoing development. Right now we do not provide a customization to, e.g. exclude particular file type/extension. We will consider to add it in one of the next updates (during next weeks).

Right now you can only completely disable CodeMix Validation by unchecking Code Builder in Project Properties -> Builders page. It will disable project level validation but you will still get errors for files opened in CodeMix Editor (it also includes as-you-type validation).

In the case of a performance, could you provide some more details what type of project you do work on? This information can help us to improve this area.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak
    Applications Development Manager

#581933 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

Hi rolandh,

Small update for you. In the latest build (pushed minutes ago) you can disable Project Level Validation for a given type of files, e.g. JSON. To do so, please perform the following steps:
    1. Open Preferences -> CodeMix -> Languages -> Project Validation.
    2. Uncheck, e.g. JSON language.
    3. Apply changes and rebuild the workspace.

After that you should not see any errors for JSON files. Is worth to mention that if you open a JSON file in CodeMix editor, it will be validated. Do not worry, after closing all problems will disappear. Thanks to that you can still work with JSON files and at the same time get rid of errors which are not interesting for you.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak
    Applications Development Manager

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: After installing CodeMixI'm getting JSON errors in the Problems View

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in