facebook

Angular IDE broken after trying to upgrade npm and cli

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jwarnerdgs
    Participant

I used the command;
    npm install -g npm^10.15.0

Now I get this on all my projects;
    Node.js version:
    /C/Users/xxx/.codemix-store/nodejs/10.15.0/node: line 1: /node_modules/node/bin/node: No such file or directory
    However, the node file is, in fact, there.
    This output comes from terminal+

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by jwarnerdgs.
    #676850 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

You can update the Node.js and NPM versions for CodeMix from the CLI Tools preferences page for the project (click on the gear button in the Terminal+ view besides the project selection combo box), enter or select the version of your choice, save the changes and open a new tab in the Terminal+ view. This will download the version if its valid and not already there in the store.

1. Can you please clarify if the command you mentioned is right? I tried running npm install -g npm^10.15.0 it at my end and I get invalid tag name error. The version 10.15.0 is also not a valid one for NPM.
    2. Do you see the problem in a new workspace as well? Try deleting the .codemix-store, restart Angular IDE, recheck if the CLI Tools preferences page has the correct version of Node.js and NPM, open a new tab in the Terminal+ and check if the issue persists.
    3. If you are still seeing issues, then please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) for further investigation.

Please note that Angular IDE and its associated tech, CodeMix has already reached its end of life. No new releases or fixes will be made to the product.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Angular IDE broken after trying to upgrade npm and cli

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in