Tagged: ng angular-ide bug
September 20, 2018 at 2:58 am #598645
Since latest update of angular-ide (0.9.44), we are not anymore able to launch the Angular CLI server.
It worked well up to version 0.9.39 (included).
ng serveworks perfectly, thus it seems it’s an angular-ide issue.
It seems that it doesn’t use the correct base path (see ng-location.png).
Is it possible to force use of version 0.9.39 to still be able to work ?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.September 20, 2018 at 4:43 am #598653
Sorry you’re seeing this behavior. We’ve been unable to replicate this so far but we did have a report of a similar problem a few months ago. For that problem, the user resolved it by starting eclipse with a fresh workspace and, presumably, importing the project from the old workspace. Unfortunately, that developer didn’t get back to us with further information so we weren’t able to track down the initial cause of the problem. It may be that the workspace wasn’t used just as an eclipse workspace and contained some files that may have come into play during the server start.
Please try a fresh workspace and let us know how you get on. If that works, perhaps you could get back to us with more details on your workspace folder? In any case, please let us know how you get on.September 20, 2018 at 7:21 am #598656
I tried to use a new workspace, import the project, run as Angular Web Application : the exact same error occurs. Thus the workspace corruption seems not to be the cause here.
Then I tried on the old workspace, but deleted the .settings folder. This fixed the issue.September 20, 2018 at 7:49 am #598661
Complement: another cause is using a resource filter on node_modules folder to exclude all of its content (as explained in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2272237/how-to-exclude-specific-folders-or-files-from-validation-in-eclipse).
We did this because the node_modules folder gets validated and shows thousands of errors.
Is there a working simple way to prevent node_modules content from being validated ?September 21, 2018 at 4:36 am #598704
I’m glad you managed to sort out the problem. I don’t suppose you have a copy of the
.settingsfolder that you could zip up and send us? We’d like to figure out what caused this strange behavior.
As far as validation goes, you seem to have discovered the way we keep the
node_modulesfolder from being validated. However, the setting for that should already be there, so it’s odd that this wasn’t the case but may be related to your deleting the
.settingsfolder; it would have been recreated but may not have been done correctly.
node_modulesfolder is in the exclude group. Note that clicking the
Restore Defaultsbutton should give you the default setting.
Thanks for letting us know you fixed the problem and I hope this explains the validation settings. If you still have the
.settingsfolder that caused the problems (perhaps in the Recycle Bin or a backup), please send it to us if you can (attach it to a reply or send it via private message).
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.September 21, 2018 at 7:14 am #598712
(I don’t have anymore the .settings that caused problem.)